I’m happy to inform you that Toad Data Modeler 18.104.22.168 BETA has been released.
BETA 22.214.171.124 brings support for PostgreSQL 8.4 and DB 2 LUW 9.7 and a lot of great enhancements. Please see their brief list below.
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for PostgreSQL 8.4 (Reverse Engineering, LIVE RE, DDL/SQL Script generation, Model Verification, Reports, Alter Script generation)
- Support for DB 2 LUW 9.7 (Reverse Engineering, LIVE RE, DDL/SQL Script generation, Model Verification, Reports)
- Macros item can be available in pop-up menu
- Reverse Engineering Wizard - Reload Aliases button to refresh list of aliases.
- Alter Script Generation:
- Generation of alter scripts without prior reversing and saving model.
- Before Script and After Script sections are generated in alter script.
- Page Format - Possibility to define a printer.
- Change position of multiple attributes in Entity Properties form
- Enhancements on the Workspace: F2 to rename entity, Enter to open Properties dialog of the selected object(s), CTRL+F4 to close currently active Workspace.
- Highlighting key attributes when you select a relationship on the Workspace.
- Display + edit parent or child entity via the relationship pop-up menu on the Workspace.
- Multi-level pop-up menu for multiple object selection on the Workspace.
- Buttons Next and Previous for quick navigation among entities and attributes in their Properties dialogs.
- Information about parent and child entities, relationships and key attributes is now available in the Entity Properties form, Relationships tab.
- Possibility to set up maximal length for display of data types in the ERD.
- and more.
- Sync & Convert Wizard - Version number of models from Version Manager displayed.
- HTML Report, Export to Graphic File - Error: “There is not enough resources to complete this command.” fixed.
- and more than thirty CRs have been resolved.
The Release Notes PDF document with details, screenshots and some use cases is available at:
New BETA version movies:
Note: There are three new movies. Two of them show the main BETA enhancements, third movie shows how you can create your own macro and how to add it to pop-up menu of particular object.
Download the new Beta from:
The Beta requires that you are running a commercial or trial copy of Toad Data Modeler. You need to have a valid license key for the commercial or trial copy of Toad Data Modeler to be able to run the BETA.
To get a license key, please contact the Quest Sales team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
BETA 126.96.36.199 expires on 15 January 2010.
There are NO feature limitations in the BETA.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Have successful days.
Vladka & TDM Team