I’m pleased to inform you that Toad Data Modeler 220.127.116.11 BETA has been released.
The new BETA brings great new features, enhancements and more than forty resolved issues!
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for DB 2 LUW 9.7
- Templates for SQL Objects
- Application Variables
- Naming Conventions - Valid characters
- Enhanced Default Values dialog
Macros and Scripting Functionality:
- New commands for refresh of Model Explorer and Workspace
- Possibility to add a relationship and key via script
- Possibility to add columns to keys
- Possibility to set user rights
Toad for Oracle Integration:
- Generated DDL script will open in the currently running instance of Toad for Oracle.
- Improved Filter functionality for table selection on the Tables page in the Reverse Engineering Wizard
- Possibility to reverse engineer tables to Workspaces by Schemas/User
Sync & Convert Wizard:
- Wildcard Dialog on page Select Items
- Comparing of Procedures Enhanced
- Links in RTF/PDF Reports
DDL Script Generation:
- Possibility to drop keys (primary, alternate), indexes, relationships and triggers outside the Create Table statement.
- For all supported databases it is possible to generate keys, indexes or triggers without the necessity to generate tables or views.
- For all supported databases (except for MS Access), it is possible to define where you want to generate keys, indexes and triggers.
- Possibility to dock windows Overview and Zoom
- Message Explorer – navigation among messages
- Possibility to add relationships to categories (available in PER and LER).
- Adding shortcuts to the Workspace via option Add into New Workspace - The layout and format of shortcuts remain preserved.
- Search option in Comments and Notes of entities and attributes (both LER and PER model).
- New Display Mode on the Workspace: Captions, Names, Full names (User/Schema + Entity name)
- Possibility to set order of attributes listed in the Navigator box in the Attribute Properties dialog
- Enhanced Object Viewer
- Possibility to insert an image to ERD
- Autolayout macro – Possibility to arrange entities on the Workspace alphabetically
and many more!
The Release Notes PDF document with details and screenshots is available at:
Download the new Beta from:
The Beta requires that you are running a commercial or trial copy of Toad Data Modeler. You need to have a valid license key for the commercial or trial copy of Toad Data Modeler to be able to run the BETA.
To get a license key, please contact the Quest Sales team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
BETA 18.104.22.168 expires on 10 May 2010.
There are NO feature limitations in the BETA.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Vladka & TDM Team