Toad World® Forums

TDP Beta 3.8.0.457 and 541 Object Details tab opens blank, user has to drag over object in to that blank tab

When selecting “object details” from right-click in Object Explorer it opens up a blank tab, you have to then drag the object in to that tab to view the properties. Happens also when double clicking on an object. Is the expected behavior?

This is not expected behavior. When selecting Object Details it should show a tab for the selected object itself. Can you send us a screen shot?

The Object Details tab is blank but I double click on Table:”BH_ENB_DUTIL_WKBH”.

From: Ryan Johnson [mailto:bounce-RyanJohnson@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:00 PM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] TDP Beta 3.8.0.457 and 541 Object Details tab opens blank, user has to drag over object in to that blank tab

RE: TDP Beta 3.8.0.457 and 541 Object Details tab opens blank, user has to drag over object in to that blank tab

Reply by Ryan Johnson

This is not expected behavior. When selecting Object Details it should show a tab for the selected object itself. Can you send us a screen shot?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

What type of connection is this?

Sorry, a couple more questions: Does it happen with just this table? If not, then does it happen to any other tables in other connection types?

That was an Oracle connection and table picked at random. It happens with any table regardless of database vendor. I can recreate in SybaseIQ, SQL Server, Teradata, HP Vertica, RainStor, etc.

From: Ryan Johnson [mailto:bounce-RyanJohnson@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:30 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] TDP Beta 3.8.0.457 and 541 Object Details tab opens blank, user has to drag over object in to that blank tab

RE: TDP Beta 3.8.0.457 and 541 Object Details tab opens blank, user has to drag over object in to that blank tab

Reply by Ryan Johnson

Sorry, a couple more questions: Does it happen with just this table? If not, then does it happen to any other tables in other connection types?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This works for me in the latest TDP 308 code.

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 10:42 AM

Reply by Debbie Peabody

This works for me in the latest TDP 308 code.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Actually that doesn’t look like an option in the normal sense. When you select it the list of database object types displays the right hand tabs and allows you to select the ones you want visible. Seems like an odd way to do this in the UI. I don’t know when this was put there. But I don’t think this is related to your object details display. I still can’t reproduce your issue. You might need to open up a support case and see if they can track down what is different.

No problem, I can just drag the table/view in to the Object tab still. No time to open a ticket for this one.

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 12:36 PM

Reply by Debbie Peabody

Actually that doesn’t look like an option in the normal sense. When you select it the list of database object types displays the right hand tabs and allows you to select the ones you want visible. Seems like an odd way to do this in the UI. I don’t know when this was put there. But I don’t think this is related to your object details display. I still can’t reproduce your issue. You might need to open up a support case and see if they can track down what is different.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.