Toad World® Forums

TDP3.3.0.1168 Beta has stopped working error when schedule runs

Get a TDP error message everytime when a schedules executes, but it does not close the program and I can continue working in TDP. Seems to be working fine, but the error window does appear.

I’m having the same problem. If I don’t clear the error, the next scheduled run will not happen.

Go to the windows task scheduler (Accessories | System Tools). Look at the last run result. What does is say there? Is there a hex value? Or text. This may give us some info on what is happening.

From your description, it sounds like you are using TDP Beta. And while running TDP a scheduled task is kicked off and you see this error. Is that the steps? Or is there a different sequence?

Also, what happens when you run the same script form the Automation designer?

Debbie

Just like the other user who responded if I do not click the Error box when it comes up then my next scheduled task will not execute. Everything looks good in the Task Scheduler and there are no errors. The schedule seems to be set up just fine but for some reason this Error popup occurs everything the schedule runs. I am running Windows7 SP1 and this happens when I created an automation then schedule it.

The problem you’re describing sounds familiar. To decide if you experience the same one that we’ve recently resolved, I need to take a look at your Automation.xml file. This file is located in the ModuleSettings folder of your TDP’s ApplicationDataDirectory. Please go to Help > About and click ApplicationDataDirectory link.

Please publish your Automation.xml here or send it directly to me (igor.manokhin@quest.com)

Thanks,

Igor.

Hi Igor,

Here is my automation file.
Automation.xml (1.97 KB)

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with the addressed problem I was talking about in the previous post.

Does really any scheduled script fails in that way? Does the same script fails all the time?

Igor.

I can produce a similar error. Does your Automation script use the Run Automation Script activity? Using more than one of those will have this error. Igor recently fixed this but this is not in a Beta build yet.

If you do not use this activity can you send us your automation script and log file?

Debbie

We have been doing more work on this. For the error that is similar, we needed to install .net 4.5. This corrected the issue. There is a known .net garbage collection issue that was affecting TDP. Please use the link below to install .net 4.5.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Debbie

Updating my .NET to 4.5 fixed the problem.

Excellent. Glad to hear this.

Debbie