Toad World® Forums

TDP3.8.0.153 Object Explorer does not show column information when you connect to more than one database

After connecting to more than one database the column information no longer displays at the bottom of the Object Explorer window when selecting a table / view.

Hello Troy! I apologize for the delay.

After this happens, do you see the element highlighted at the bottom of the following picture?

If you see it, clicking it should restore the column information pane.

I made QAT-6139 on this.

If I may ask one more question, which database type were you exporting from? I see this error when exporting from Oracle.

Hi Ryan,

Yes I was seeing that element at the bottom but when it was not expanding, but at least for today I am unable to recreate the issue. It appeared more like TDP was not fetching the data to populate it, but guess we can close this unless experienced again.

Regards,

Troy

From: Ryan Johnson [mailto:bounce-RyanJohnson@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:47 AM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] TDP3.8.0.153 Object Explorer does not show column information when you connect to more than one database

RE: TDP3.8.0.153 Object Explorer does not show column information when you connect to more than one database

Reply by Ryan Johnson

Hello Troy! I apologize for the delay.

After this happens, do you see the element highlighted at the bottom of the following picture?

If you see it, clicking it should restore the column information pane.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Ryan,

Yes that is correct this occurs when exporting to an Excel Instance.

Thanks,

Troy

From: Ryan Johnson [mailto:bounce-RyanJohnson@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:54 AM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] TDP3.8.0.153 when exporting to Excel the columns with integer values show a decimal

RE: TDP3.8.0.153 when exporting to Excel the columns with integer values show a decimal

Reply by Ryan Johnson

Hello! Apologies for the delay!

While I could not reproduce the issue when exporting to an Excel File, I did see it when exporting to an Excel Instance. Is this what you are seeing?

I am going to make an QAT item to track this and I will post it’s number shortly.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.