Toad World® Forums

Team Coding: check in

Hi

When check in all all objects I got the errors in the attach image and SQLNav hanged (I had to kill the process)

After I opened SQL Nav again with that user and close the session the same error appeared but this time it closed correctly.

I do not understand why after I check in all the objects (the prompt that appears when closing the session) , closing the session, the next session will also ask me to check in the same objects even if I do not have them opened in this new session (and made the check in all in the previous one)

Regards
Filipe

check.jpeg

Hi Filipe,

1.I assumed you were checking in object in a different schema than the one you were using? Do you have privilege to edit/open them?

2.Did you use Session > Close Session or did you close down Navigator?

Gwen

Hi Gwen

1. I tried with both and always asks me again to check in the same objects.
    I remember one thing now that maybe it’s important: I am using a Team Coding repository create with version 5.5

2. the objects would be from the same schema/user I was. The main problem would be the hang of SQLNav …just reporting I do not have manage to reproduce it.

Thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

I don’ think using a repository created by 5.5 is an issue. I often used team coding interchangeably between 5.5 and 6.2 and don’t have this problem.
I will keep an eye on this.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

I got the issue again (not the stop all)
I got
" Cannot check in Index (…): Either you do not have sufficient privileges to access this object, or it does not exist. (Oracle Dictionary: INDEX (…) not found)"
Errors and since then I cannot checkin all the objects at the same time (closing the session , the program or by TeamCoding->check in all)

The objects were dropped in another session (maybe not using SQLNavigator).
I think team coding should give that warnings but should clean the entries.

thanks
Filipe

Hi

In the last build of 6.2 I still get the errors in console but sometimes it closes the check in all dialog (without checkin out those objects) and others time still hangs.

(the objects do not exists anymore in the database…some objects exists with the same name but different type (was synonym now its a table))

Regards
Filipe

Hi
I still get this in 6.3 beta.

The objects no longer exists and team coding should clean the entries (I think!).

Thanks
Filipe Silva

Hi Filipe,

I’m not sure how to reproduce this issue. I tried dropping object while they’re checked out in SQL Nav and close the session to prompt check all. It will ignore the dropped object and check in the the rest. I didn’t get any error. What do you mean by Team coding should clean the entries? Were you refering to the source code saved in the version control?

Gwen

The objects were dropped/rename by code (and there were checked out).

What I was trying to say is that team coding should if that error occurs delete the wrong entries (or ask if the user want to delete them) in the team coding repository, so that the error will not appear again when checking in all.

I didn’t have the exact error as you did. Mine was ‘Oracle dictionary; package x not found’. Nonetheless, I will raise a CR for it.

Gwen