Toad World® Forums

TEAM CODING INSTALL ERROR: Running SQL Navigator and TOAD Team Coding

Hi,

We setup Team Coding integrated with TFS 2012 using the TOAD v12 beta, which works fine.

When I try to run Team Coding in the latest SQL Navigator 7 beta 2905, I get the following error. However, I checked and both of the sequences below are in the TOAD schema.

09:01:33: Team Coding Objects found in schema TOAD

09:01:33: Detected Team Coding Support version 7.0,installed by TOAD

Team Coding Install Error : Sequence TC_GROUP_ID not found

Team Coding Install Error : Sequence TC_SCRIPT_ID not found

Is this a defect or do we need to change our setup somehow?
Thanks for your reply!

Hi Cindy,

Your problem because you have installed the TeamCoding repository setting into database by Toad before, Maybe Toad’s teamcoding setting and SQL Navigator’s teamcoding setting couldn’t work in the same database. Can you please try to use another database with SQL Navigator ?

Thank you,
Michael

Hi Michael,

ConocoPhillips has people using TOAD and SQL Navigator against the same database so we need to be able to access the same Team Coding setup in the same database with both applications.

I’m wondering why SQL Navigator does not recognize the TC_GROUP_ID and TC_SCRIPT_ID sequences in the TOAD schema, but recognizes all the other tables.

Please see the screenshot attached to this message and the support bundle in case it helps.

Thanks!
SupportBundle.prof (469 KB)

Hi Michael,

ConocoPhillips has people using TOAD and SQL Navigator against the same database so we need to be able to access the same Team Coding setup in the same database with both applications.

I’m wondering why SQL Navigator does not recognize the TC_GROUP_ID and TC_SCRIPT_ID sequences in the TOAD schema, but recognizes all the other tables.

Please see the screenshot attached to this message and the support bundle in case it helps.

Thanks!
SQL Navigator 7 Error - Team Coding.png

Hi Michael,

Thanks!
SupportBundle.dta (4.74 KB)

Hi Cindy,

Your issue have been fixed in v7.0 beta, Now for TeamCoding, SQL Navigator and Toad can work on the same database.

Please try to our next beta build, it will be coming soon.

Regards,

Michael

Thank you for this update. I am very impressed by your responsiveness to my questions.

I’ll be ready for the new beta as soon as it is released and confirm back that everything is working well.

Have a successful day!