Team coding problems

hi

I found this that I think is an error with team coding:
you can check out packages spec having only exec permission for the package

Regards

Filipe Silva

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Another strange behavior:
Edit a package (checked out) …save it and when pressing the close button of the tab this message appears… weird!!!
Press the No button => it closes the tab (the package edition) … weird!!!

Regards
Filipe
Untitled.jpeg

Hi Filiipe,

Potentially, I don’t think it will cause any issue because the user cannot check in anyway. However, I do agree that it’s unnecessary for these users to be able to check out objects. I will raise a CR for it.

Gwen

Can you reproduce the second issue every time? Did you make changes to the spec or the body? When you save/close the package, was the cursor on the spec or the body tab?

Gwen

Hi Gwen

It happens all the time
it happens having the cursor in the body or in the spec

It happens also when open the package and not changing anything then close the package (shift-f4 or the button)

I attached my preferences
TC.jpeg

Hi Filipe,

This is the same issue reported by Dean in the other Forum (SQL Navigator). I am working on this now without any luck yet :-). We will keep you posted with more updates soon.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Thanks for the update Bruce

If you need some help, debug info or special test made please ask

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Just a quick note to let you know that we have fixed the issue with Team Coding prompt asking to save changes before check-in. It will be available in the nextBeta build which will be available for you very soon. Could you please check the nextBeta build out and let us know if you are happy with the changes.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce

It appears that was fixed.

Thanks
Filipe

Sorry Bruce
but this is still there
“Press the No button => it closes the tab”

A way to duplicate that:
open a package
change something in the body
don’t save and change to the spec
close the package without saving
the Team coding warning will appear…press NO

Regards

Filipe

Hi Filipe,

I followed your steps but could not reproduce the issue. Do you have any objects open in that same code editor window?
When I closed the package, it prompts “There are pending changes. Do you want to save all changes in … and all its sub-tabs?” and this is correct as per design.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

the problem is when that message box ("…will be saved before…") appears.

How I could recall it today:
Edit a package (checking it out)…put a space in the spec
without saving close the tab using the x …say that you do not want to save it
the panel will appear …click “NO”

I think that clicking “no” should not close the package

Thanks
Filipe

Thanks Filipe.

I am checking it out for you now. Will keep you posted.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Filipe,

We have made more changes to make sure that when you select NO to save changes, SQL Navigator will not prompt you again with that message dialog to save changes before check-in.

We will try to send another Beta build out soon for you to verify.

Thanks again,

Bruce

Sorry Filipe,

I have to take my words back :-).

Further testing, there are more issues when following your steps but making changes in both Spec and Bodies, The prompt is still displayed, and it is very a risk changes in Team coding area to stop the closing window when you select No…We are getting very close to the release cycle and, we believe it will best to leave it to 6.3 and we will tackle this for you post 6.2. Hope that it would work for you.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce

I just don’t understand the close…
From the question asked “continue?” I would suppose that “no” would cancel the close request

Thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

The ‘No’ is to cancel the check-in process (and changes will not be saved), and SQL Navigator will continue to close the tab/editor, ie. The object will still be checked out in the Version Control provider, next time you open the object open, you will not be prompt to check it out.

If the text of the message is not clear for you, please let us know if you wish to change the text. and what message should be displayed for that prompt?

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce

“The package XPTO is currently open and modified, and will be saved before being checked in. Continue?”

English is not my “primary” language, soo maybe it’s just a misunderstand that I have…

“The package XPTO is currently open and modified, and will be saved before being checked in. Do you want to check it in?”

Regards
Filipe

Thank you Filipe for your note.

I think your text is better and clearer. I will add this to the task and will have it change for you in the first v6.3 Beta build.

Thanks again,
Bruce