Toad World® Forums

team coding saves scripts to svn repository in utf8 charset

It seems that when an external source control system is used (in my case svn) all scripts saved in repository are transformed to utf8 charset indepentently of db charset or settings. This also occures with new release of toad 12. Are the two systems (toad and sqlnavigator) using the same code as far as svn is concerned ?

I already open a case with toad, are changes to that tool going to be incorporated to sqlnavigator as well ?

Can this be fixed in sqlnavigator beta ?

note:

windows format and location setting are “Greece” and oracle db charset is EL8ISO8859P7 or EL8MSWIN153

HI,

SQL Navigator and Toad share certain common routines in team coding area, but the case you open with Toad is not going to apply to sql navigator when they implement it. I have logged a story (PT55793986) in sql navigator system. We are currently at the late cycle of v7.0 and we will not include this in v7.0. I will let you know once we can do it in a beta after 7.0.

Thanks,

Vincent

Thanks for your prompt response

Vincent Liu [mailto:bounce-vliu@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 11:31 AM

To: sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] team coding saves scripts to svn repository in utf8 charset

RE: team coding saves
scripts to svn repository in utf8 charset

Reply by Vincent Liu

HI,

SQL Navigator and Toad share certain common routines in team coding area, but the case you open with Toad is not going to apply to sql navigator when they implement it. I have logged a story
(PT55793986) in sql navigator system. We are currently at the late cycle of v7.0 and we will not include this in v7.0. I will let you know once we can do it in a beta after 7.0.

Thanks,

Vincent

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - Beta
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.