Toad World® Forums

Team Coding

I’m now experimenting with the Team Coding options of the latest beta and have a few questions.

I seem to be connecting to my SCM system OK (Perforce):

11:33:55: Team Coding Objects found in schema SQLNAV
11:33:55: Detected Team Coding Support version 7.0, installed by Nav 5.10
11:33:55: Provider initialized: C:\Program Files\Perforce\p4scc.dll 2005.2.9.4595
11:33:55: VCS Provider logon successful:
No server info.
11:39:28: VCS Provider disconnected.
11:39:28: Provider initialized: C:\Program Files\Perforce\p4scc.dll 2005.2.9.4595
11:39:28: VCS Provider logon successful:
No server info.

However, I don’t get any new options on my right-click menus. Should I? Is this because I haven’t created a Control Group yet?

Also, when I try to add a “Control Group” I’m not clear on what it is looking for in the “Project Name” field. It let’s me navigate the Perforce depot just fine, but I don’t know what it wants me to select.

Any hints appreciated.

At the moment we don’t have any options for Team Coding on the right-click menu in the Code editor. After you create a code control group, there are 2 ways to interact with the objects:
-Through the menu icons on the toolbar
-Team coding menu
-right-click menu in the DB Nav tree

I’m not sure how Perforce is set up so I just answer the second issue in related to Visual Source Safe. If you use VSS, you would choose the project folder in VSS that you want to export the schema objects to.

for more information, please check the link below
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=124&externalID=128&fromSearchPage=true