Toad World® Forums

Temporary tables

Hi

1)shouldn’t DB Explorer show a diferent icon for temporary tables like DB Navigator?
2) CREATE global temporary TABLE : global gets uppered but not colored like a reserved word (as create , temporary and table got)

Regards

filipe

Hi Filipe,

I have created 2 CRs for these 2 items.

Thanks,
Vincent

Hey Filipe – Once again, we must work very similarly, I noticed the odd syntax on the temporary table code, but didn’t think to report it. As for your idea of a different icon for a temp table, that would be great.

Vincent – perhaps in the same CR, you could add a different icon for a materialized view table and an external table? This would really add to the power of the DB Explorer.

Hi Mark,

I have added your comment to the same CR. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi

about the reserved word coloring: why “style” word gets colored like that? Is also a reserved word?

Hi Filipe,

Yes, “Style” is a PL/SQL reserved word. Ref. to http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14072_01/appdev.112/e10472/reservewords.htm

Thanks,
Vincent

Hi Vicent

Thanks! I learned a new thing today!

Regards
Filipe

PS: Do you know any example of it’s use? I could not find!

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Not fixed in build 1824

Also
a:= ‘’;

the \ gets black and not the color for a string component

Hi Filipe,

I don’t know about any example to use STYLE either :(.

The issue of the color for , I have created a CR for you. Small issues like this are all to be fixed after 6.3.

Thanks,
Vincent