Toad World® Forums

testing a global temporary table

The procedure that i want to test inserts records into a global temporary table. But however the comparison fails with the copy global table. Because my table is emptied because of its nature after the commit. By the way i had to commented out the statements “PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION”. Otherwise it was giving ora - 14450 error.

Message was edited by: tgolelcin_968

DROP TABLE testi purge;

commit;

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TESTI2

IS

BEGIN

INSERT INTO testi values(2);

END;

/

Hello,
1). Can you tell me version of Code Tester?
2). ORA-14450 ! I cannot get this error (see pragma.png)
3). Test failed? Can you tell me more about your procedure?
Example: I have a small test case and interesting to know your test procedure
CREATE TABLE testi(col1 number); INSERT INTO testi values(1);COMMIT; Thanks for your help
/Danny

Hello,

1. It is 1.9.1.505 (Trial 158-03790)
  2. When i want to check contents of global temporary table, i create an outcome using the wizard with the option “Table or View” and then select the table and then compare the tested result with the option “To a global temporary table copy…”. But I get this error ora-14450 alltough i do not customize it.
  3. I have a procedure inserting records into a global temporary table named tt_xxx. You know because of its nature its emptied after an rollback or commit. So i want to check its results with the way which i mentioned above in item2. But i had to remove statements “PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION;” to avoid the error ora-14450. So after i run the test it fails. And says that the expected table contains 5 records but the table tt_xxx contains 0 records. I think this is because of the rollback of profiling just after the procedure calling.

Thanks for your help.

Message was edited by: tgolelcin_968

Thanks
I will try 1.9.1.505 and give you update on this

/Danny

Hello,

Danny asked me to take a look at your situation, and I must admit it is a bit hard to sort out your problem. When I create a test definition that compares a table to a global temp table - no errors.

So I think that it would be most helpful if you either posted on this blog or sent to me, steven.feuerstein@quest.com, an export of your test definition along with at least the signature of the program unit being tested.

Thanks, SF