Toad World® Forums

Things I like in Notepad++ that I would like to see in SQL Nav,

Hello all,

I’m a recent user of Sql Navigator and honestly it’s the best editor i’ve used for PL/SQL. I’ve realy liked the usability changes implemented from version 5.5 (last i used) to 6.0 (the one i’m using right now).

But from a code editor point of view is lacking some editing features that could improve productivity.

I will use Notepad++ (a free source code editor http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/) as an example.

• Easy split view. (I just can’t understand the current implementation of split view).

In Notepad++ you can simply right-click a “tab” choose “Go to anotherView” and the editor splits the window and sends that tab to the otherview or you can choose “Clone to another view” and it copies the tab tothe other view. This is great and simple and by doing this you’renabling the other view. I’ll explain, when you have anything in the other view it’s like having 2 editors in one working together.

• Double-click the “Tab Bar” to creates new script ( like Ctrl+T or Ctrl+M )

• MouseWhell-Click to close the Tab

• Ctrl+MouseWhellUp increases font size, Ctrl+MouseWhellDown decreases font size (very good for presentations and overall use (i’m kind off blind like a bat))

This last 3 suggestions are features present in many aplications that use tabs, like Firefox. This kind of behavior in-fact standard, imho.

• Home key goes to the first character of the line, second press goes to the beginning of the line ( like Fsilva suggested)

• Ctrl+Y is the REDO shortcut ( like many other posts talked about)

• Shortcut map (like i said in another post)

• And last but not least Macros!! If a simple open source code editor has macros sql navigator…

Cheers,

Rui Pena.

I really like these 3 suggestions

• Double-click the “Tab Bar” to creates new script
  • MouseWhell-Click to close the Tab
  • Ctrl+MouseWhellUp increases font size, Ctrl+MouseWhellDown decreases font size

BTW Ctrl+T only work if you have already the Code editor open…
Ctrl+M opens the code editor or makes a new tab if if already have Code editor opened.
(maybe ctrl+t could also open the Code editor if it was closed? i.e act like ctrl+M?)

Filipe