Toad World® Forums

Things I would like to see in version 6

sqlnav not needing the oracle client (like toad)

drag -drop column of a table to SQL editor should bring the table.column not only the column name?

sql tunning to be able to look for all the statements in SGA? toad has it!!

Filipe Silva

Hi Filipe,

Many thanks for sending in these feedback.

We will look into the no client and the drag & drop requests for you in the next release.

We will look more into SQL Tuning issue, as the SQL Tuning component in SQL Nav and Toad should be identical. We will get back to you this soon.

Best regards,
Bruce

Hi Filipe,

In regards to your query,

If you are looking for a sort of SQL Inspector functionality , we also has the same ability that of Toad.Please refer to the attachments.

regards
sekhar
snap1.jpeg

Hi Filipe,

In regards to your query,

If you are looking for a sort of SQL Inspector functionality , we also has the same ability that of Toad.Please refer to the attachments.

regards
sekhar
snap2.jpeg

Hi filipe,

Can you please browse the attachment. Are you looking for such functionality.

regards
sekhar
snap.jpeg

Yes that was the functionality that I was talking about that I saw in TOAD

Yesterday I got a contact from Quest Software representative in Portugal about another issue and about this subject is also show me that way.

We could not find out how to afterwards send a specific statement back to SQL Tunning for optimization (without cut-paste to SQL Nav and then call SQL Tunning).

Also in a previous version (sql nav 4?) we could see and even change the user used in the connection for Tunning. How can we find this now?
These two questions also applys to SQL nav 5.

Hi Filipe,

Speaking of your other ERs you raised in this thread:

SQL Nav not needing the Oracle client - we could have made this feature available long ago (around v 4.5), but found that the database access layer (same as in TOAD) has serious limitations, plus it is not guaranteed that it will work with future versions of Oracle, so it was decided to disable this feature for now.

It’s questionable whether drag’n’drop should bring table.column or just column name. Apparently, the table name should include the schema too? Isn’t using a table alias a better practice? We support this via Code Completion/Dot Lookup. Once you’ve assigned an alias to your table, you can just type alias name followed by a dot, and this will pop up a list of columns to pick from. If the automatic dot lookup is off, you should press Ctrl+Space after the dot to bring up the list.

Regards,
Roman

True,True. :wink:
As Roman said,drag’n’drop shouldn’t move table name with cols, you can use aliases, and what with that? I think table name prefix is unusable for that.