Toad World® Forums

TNS error

Error’s preconditions similar to described in my previous post “Hibernate / sleep of comp. issue” - comp after sleep, connection to network restored.I’ve selected / changed connection using combobox on bottom right of editor window. After that I’ve got:

Connection to database lost and successfully reopened.
Do you wish to execute the last command again?

When I’ve selected ‘No’ I’ve got:

Quest.Toad.Exceptions.DatabaseException
Oracle Database Error

Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException
ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
Stack Trace:
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.a7.c(Int32 A_0)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.cu.a(Int32 A_0, ch A_1)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable disposable, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery)
   at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Quest.Toad.Db.ProxyCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Quest.Toad.Db.Connection.Execute(IDbConnection connection, String sql, Object[] parameter)
   at Quest.Toad.Oracle.DBMS.DBMSOutputMonitor.EnableDbConnection(IDbConnection conn)
   at Quest.Toad.Oracle.DBMS.DBMSOutputMonitor.Enable()
   at Quest.Toad.Oracle.DBMS.DBMSOutputMonitor.UpdateConnection(IConnection newConnection)
   at Quest.Toad.Oracle.DBMS.DBMSOutputMonitor.ConnectionChangedHandler(Object sender, ConnectionEventArgs e)
   at Quest.Toad.Notification.ConnectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ConnectionEventArgs e)
   at Quest.Toad.Notification.NotificationManager.InternalConnectionChanged(Object sender, ConnectionEventArgs args)

Quest.Toad.Exceptions.BaseException

Encountered exception while processing exception

System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Could not load file or assembly 'Teradata.Client.Provider, Version=13.11.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=76b417ee2e04956c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Stack Trace:
   at Quest.Toad.Teradata.TeradataExceptionWrapper.isItTdException(Exception exc)
   at Quest.Toad.Teradata.TeradataExceptionWrapper.HandleException(Object sender, ExceptionEventArgs args) in T:\Dev\Source\ToadTeradata\Teradata\TeradataExceptionWrapper.cs:line 66
   at Quest.Toad.Notification.NotificationManager.ExceptionDelegate(Object sender, ExceptionEventArgs args)

To Butter:

Welcome back to Toad World!

Would you be able to elaborate the actions Toad was taking as it was going to sleep? Perhaps it was executing a Cross-Query?

In the meantime, we recently posted a new beta, 3.7.0.528:
http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-data-point/toad_data_point_beta_program/f/91/t/23639.aspx

Feel free to give this new beta a try and let us know if the problem reproduces.

Software Developer I,

• Joshua Liong