Toad 12.7 running under Windows 10?

Hi all,

I tried to find infos about “Toad 12.7 running under Windows 10” but didn’t not find any useful answer…

Does anyone know or has already tried this?

btw:-> “Requirements” on Dell site does not mention Windows 10 :frowning:

documents.quest.com/…/system-requirements

thx’n brgds Chris

The problem with the "requirements" side is that Windows 10 was released after Toad 12.7. They were close but we can't say we support a product that hasn't been released. Rest assured that for 12.8, it is a requirement.

As for trying it out, we have and it seems to work just fine. We haven't gone through the normal exhaustive testing for a new OS on it but I've had no issues with it yet.

Hope that helps,

Greg

On Sep 16, 2015, at 5:18 PM, chrigeli.preter bounce-chrigelipreter@toadworld.com wrote:

Toad 12.7 running under Windows 10?

Thread created by chrigeli.preter
Hi all,

I tried to find infos about "Toad 12.7 running under Windows 10" but didn't not find any useful answer...

Does anyone know or has already tried this?

btw:-> "Requirements" on Dell site does not mention Windows 10 :frowning:

documents.quest.com/.../system-requirements

thx'n brgds Chris

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Greg,

thank you very much!

…and yes this helps to plan our deployment plan!

Chris

Hi ,

I have installed Toad 12.1 for oracle on Windows 10. I tried import user connection profiles which are exported from windows7. It is importing the passwords as blanks. I also tried copy the various ways of copying the userfiles folder as well as connections and connectionpwd files. Connectionpwd file is getting overriding in windows 10 by removing all passwords.

Could you suggest me the solution to solve this problem on windows 10?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat K

Hi Venkatk,

If the username on the new machine is different than your previous machine that would cause this to happen. Copying connection passwords between different users isn’t supported.

Mike

Hi Mike,

User name details are same across both machines.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat K

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Sent: Thursday, 1 January 1970 5:30 AM
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 12.7 running under Windows 10?

RE: Toad 12.7 running under Windows 10?

Reply by Mike Hamer
Hi Venkatk,

If the username on the new machine is different than your previous machine that would cause this to happen. Copying connection passwords between different users isn’t supported.

Mike

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.