Toad World® Forums

TOAD 2.1 error during connection to Sybase 15.0.3

Hi,

I am using TOAD for Sybase 2.1.0.2921. When I try to connect Sybase 15.7 everything is ok but when I try to establish connection to Sybase 15.0.3 I receive following errors:

System.FormatException
Input string was not in a correct format.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.DatabaseBrowser.ObjectPaletteControl.ReadTrl(ITrl trl, Boolean& displayExpandIndicator)
at Quest.Toad.DatabaseBrowser.ObjectPaletteControl.updateContentTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.FormatException
Input string was not in a correct format.
Stack Trace:
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at System.Double.Parse(String s)
at Quest.Toad.Sybase.Trl.TypeListTrl.GetTrls()
at Quest.Toad.Trl.TrlExtensions.GetTrls(ITrl trl)
at Quest.Toad.DatabaseBrowser.ObjectPaletteControl.AnySchemaTrl()
at Quest.Toad.DatabaseBrowser.ObjectPaletteControl.RebuildUI()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

I have read about the problem (I think it was TSY-61) but it should be fixed within the latest release of TOAD

Can anyone advice about it?

Regards

Adam

Hello Adam,

This used to happen when running a ASE ONE-OFF build. I believe this is fixed in the latest build. Could you please send me the output of “select @@version” so I can verify?

Thanks.

Hi,

here is the result:

Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3/EBF 21284 ESD#4.3/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1503/2

821/64-bit/FBO/Thu Jul 4 12:04:23 2013

Hi,

one of my colleagues helped me with this issue.

The reason was… trivial :slight_smile:

Change format to English in Regional and Language settings in Windows solved this problem.

regards

Adam

Hello,

This is interesting, could you please let me know what format you had before so we can investigate this issue?

Thanks.

Hi,

Previously it was set to Polish locale.

My colleague told me that this is an old Toad issue - he had the same problem some times ago with the Toad but for Oracle.

Today I also tried to use “Use locale-independent format” options in “Environment - Grid” settings which set the same format of numbering, date and so on like English locale in Windows but it’s not working - probably changing Windows setting have impact on some other Toad settings and currently I don’t have a time to investigate this.

But still - changing windows locale to English solve the problem.

regards

Adam