Toad World® Forums

Toad Data Point 4.5 Beta When attempting to use replace function with a variable a hard error is returned AND When attempting to set a string variable to a character or leave it blank an error is returned. Screenshot is for the single character. This was n

• When attempting to use replace function with a variable a hard error is returned. This was not an issue in v4.0.
  • When attempting to set a string variable to a character or leave it blank an error is returned. Screenshot is for the single character. This was not an issue in v4.0.

Thank you

I don’t see a screenshot and need more details. Is this in an automation script? If so can you post sample script and log showing the error?

I have inserted screenshots in word The script will not function because its not a runtime error.

Hello,

i can’t see any attached file neither .

Please try to attach it as regular file/photo

also would help to share with us, what kind of provider and DB version are you using.

Thank you.

Jakub K.

Thank you, but this didn’t helped.

Please send the description and image here: helpdesk@quest.com and we will open support case for you.

Jakub K.

I can help you to analyze the root cause of the problem in the variables, but you would have to attach the automation script (.tas file) here or send it to martin.holkovic@quest.com

Martin

HI Martin,

Request was sent here for a case to be open:

Please send the description and image here: helpdesk@quest.com and we will open support case for you.

Jakub K.

From: Martin.Holkovic [mailto:bounce-MartinHolkovic@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 9:24 AM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad Data Point 4.5 Beta When attempting to use replace function with a variable a hard error is returned AND When attempting to set a string variable to a character or leave it blank an error is returned. …

RE: Toad Data Point 4.5 Beta When attempting to use replace function with a variable a hard error is returned AND When attempting to set a string variable to a character or leave it blank an error is returned. Screenshot is for the single character. This w

Reply by Martin.Holkovic

I can help you to analyze the root cause of the problem in the variables, but you would have to attach the automation script (.tas file) here or send it to martin.holkovic@quest.com

Martin

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

That email will not work for Beta issues. Please send directly to my email dpeabody@quest.com

The Replace("#string_date_01#", “-”, “_”) function is better replaced with using SQL and formatting the date.

Hi Debbie,

I hope this communication finds you doing great.

In response to the Beta 4.5 - This was an available function that previously worked, is it not being fixed because of the workaround? Of course these functions work with SQL but it would require rewriting every existing script.

Tracy

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:40 AM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad Data Point 4.5 Beta When attempting to use replace function with a variable a hard error is returned AND When attempting to set a string variable to a character or leave it blank an error is returned. …

RE: Toad Data Point 4.5 Beta When attempting to use replace function with a variable a hard error is returned AND When attempting to set a string variable to a character or leave it blank an error is returned. Screenshot is for the single character. This w

Reply by Debbie Peabody

The Replace("#string_date_01#", “-”, “_”) function is better replaced with using SQL and formatting the date.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

let me have our QA look into this.

I get an error when using Replace("#string_date_01#", “-”, “_”) but i do not get the same error as you do. I entered QAT-12550 for this. The second one I cannot reproduce and I am having QA look into that one.

We reproduced the second error and entered QAT-12591 for this

We are working on both of these issue now. But we find that the way to reproduce them is not the same as you show in your screenshots.

We can reproduce the first issue using double quotes instead of single quotes. But we do not support double quotes.

Replace("#string_date_01#", “-”, “_”) <-- this reproduces the error

Replace(’#string_date_01#’, ‘-’, ‘_’) <-- this is what you show and it works

On the second error we can only reproduce the error with this round function. Which in the case below is correct that the first param should be a number.

Round(’#varDate1#’, ‘mm’)

So again, I feel we do not have your exact scenario. We really really really need to have your automation script in order to see what is happening. can you post or send to me in email? debbie.peabody[mention:def66d60eb544ed49068355523d182dd:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]

We can fix anything we can reproduce[;)]