Toad World® Forums

Toad disconnect after a minute or so - Frequent disconnection

Hi,

I never had this issue with v4.6 but after installing the latest beta 5.0.0.370 I started getting these error messages

The service for connection SERVERNAME was closed

I am connecting toad with a local installation of SQL Server 2005 SP3

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4285.00 (Intel X86) Feb 8 2010 23:45:10 Copyright © 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Developer Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)

Is there any work around for this issue? Has anyone else got this before?

thanks,
Sohail

Hello Sohail,
Did you have a chance to take a look into last beta - 387?

I can’t reproduce this issue in my environment. Do you see the same when connecting to not local server?

Hello Sohail,
Did you have a chance to take a look into last beta - 387?

I can’t reproduce this issue in my environment. Do you see the same when connecting to not local server?

Hi Alex,

It worked after removing all the servers and connections and setting them up from the scratch. However, I have another problem. Whenever I try to optimise SQL statements (which work in the query editor) the toad gives me an error message and doesn’t optimise the query. The error I am getting there is

Processing Error!
Original SQL: Error connecting database

Any ideas on this

Thanks for the reply

Sohail

Hi Sohail,
I can’t reproduce the Optimizer issue on my environment, It seems that you still have some issues with server connect.

What is the server you connect to? From your initial post I see that you have 2005 local SS server, right?
Can you reproduce this on other servers as well?