Toad encountered a serious error and must close. Please save your data and close the Application

Hello,
I prematurely cut a salesforce connection. Now everytime i got to "new connection" and choose salesforce as the type i get this error:

ProcessedExecutionException
There was a connect error. Check that the server, username, password and port are correct, that you have registered this user using the registration tab, and that the registered user has not been disabled

Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.CloudDB.CloudDBConnection.DoBeforeConnect()
at Quest.Toad.Db.Connection.Connect(Boolean notify)
at Quest.Toad.Db.Provider.CreateConnection(ConnectMediator connOptions, OpenConnectSettings openConnectSettings)
at Quest.Toad.ConnectionManager.ConnectionFacade.NewConnection(ConnectMediator connectOptions, Boolean promptUIToConnectIfNeed, Nullable1 nbCreateDocumentsOnNewConnection, Nullable1 nbAddToGlobalConnectionList, Boolean bUseBackgroundConnector, ConnectionCreatedHandler onEndHandler, Nullable1 secondRun) at Quest.Toad.ConnectionManager.ConnectionFacade.GetConnection(ConnectMediator connectOptions, Boolean& isInGlobalConnectionList, Boolean promptUIToConnectIfNeed, Nullable1 nbCreateDocumentsOnNewConnection, Boolean bUseBackgroundConnector, ConnectionCreatedHandler onEndHandler)
at Quest.Toad.CloudDB.CloudDBConnectionControl.getConnection()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This happens even before i can input any credentials. Basically i can not connect to any saleforce types connections.
Has anyone come across this and has a solution?
Thanks

found my solution, its here
https://support.quest.com/kb/119602/error-unable-to-connect-to-any-of-the-specified-data-service-hosts- had to do the bottom part "If the error occurs in version 3.5 and above, it may be necessary to reset the 'Toad Data Point Hub Data' folder: i.e. ** This process can be undone as no files are deleted. 1. Close Toad Data Point. 2. Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Quest Software. 3. Rename 'Toad Data Point Hub Data' folder to 'Toad Data Point Hub Data OLD'. 4. Launch TDP and retest the connection. ** Renaming the Hub Data directory may result in data loss. If this has occurred: 1. Close Toad Data Point. 2. Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Quest Software\Toad Data Point Hub Data OLD. 3. Copy the 'conf' and 'data' folders to the newly created ‘Toad Data Point Hub Data’ folder."

Was about to reply to your original post, but glad you found a solution. :wink: