Toad World® Forums

Toad for Oracle 14.0 Beta

We are proud to announce the launch of Toad for Oracle v14.0 beta . We want to encourage you to participate in this beta program to help us to deliver a high quality product. Quest’s beta programs are your opportunity to participate in the development, direction, and testing of our products. By becoming a beta tester you have direct access to the development team and product management.

Instructions for joining the BETA program:

• The Beta requires that you are running the current commercial copy of Toad for Oracle. If you are not running v13.3 you need to go here.

• Read the Beta Agreement. Downloading the Beta code constitutes usage agreement.

• IMPORTANT: Do not install Toad Beta into your commercial Toad folder or the previous beta folder, if it exists.

• Installation: If you have Toad 13.3 Beta installed or any other previous beta, we recommend uninstalling the previous Beta(s) before installing the Toad 14.0 Beta.

Which Beta version to download?

If you have a 32-bit Oracle client currently installed in a 32-bit or 64-bit environment:

If you have a 64-bit Oracle client currently installed in a 64-bit environment:

4 Likes
Beta Released (13.2.0.16)
Beta Released (13.2.0.37)
Beta Released (13.2.0.4)
TOAD_FILE_CHUNK split issue (tfo v13.1.0.78)
Access violation at address 00000000046DB240 in 'Toad.exe' (Toad for Oracle Xpert v 13.0.0.80)
Export Dataset -> Display all results in grid -> Default Value not saved
Export dataset multiple queries
How to display the actual execution plan of the last executed query using dbms_xplan.display_cursor?
Old BUG: Table Rebuilder removes INTEGER numeric type
AV on Explain Plan using Threaded query session
BUG: data editing fat fingered bummer
Toad for Oracle appears an alert with ORA-29275: partial multibyte character when i execute session browser feature on Toad for Oracle.
Toad for Oracle New Unit Testing Capability Available in Beta
Toad for Oracle New Unit Testing Capability Available in Beta
Toad showing incorrect TEMP tablespace / datafile size
Comparing schemas: list indexes with table creation scripts
VARCHAR2 values not DESC correctly in Toad
VARCHAR2 values not DESC correctly in Toad
Bug in New toad version compare to very old version
Toad Editor behaviour copy paste ctrl chars
Batch file for Toad
Toad for Oracle blocked by VPN
Java compile F9 ORA-24344: success with compilation error
Toad 13.1.0 Schema Browser RHS shows wrong object
Opening files with existing /*<TOAD_FILE_CHUNK>*/
Export dataset multiple queries
Toad connection time when instance is down
Toad for Oracle Version 14.0
Toad 13.3 session browser does not work properly on RAC
Toad 13.3 session browser does not work properly on RAC
Access violation at address 00000000041A44AB in module 'Toad.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
SQL-Error when comparing a single object
Automatic update fails
AutoConnect doesn't work on TOAD 13.2
Object compare jumps pages
Nested Table Edit always shows one row
Schema Compare doesn't generate script for table diffs
Unable to edit dataset of query in Editor
Naming Excel sheets when Exporting data from SQL Queries
ORA-01775: looping chain of synonyms with TOAD_PLAN_TABLE
Schema compare default collation difference
Object Palette does not conform to Windows Display setting for High Contrast
Export dataset with XMLTYPE column

I do love a new Beta... Can't wat to get started with it.

Now that 13.3 is GA can we look forward to a 13.4 Beta in the near future?

Sure. When do you want it?

1 Like

last one that we can download is expired on 10.04.2020 and there is no new one.

248 is expired on 15.04.2020

downloaded:
https://toadworlddownloads.blob.core.windows.net/legacy/toadsoft/ORACLE/ToadForOracle_Beta_x64.msi
And would like to repair od uninstall mine current version-what menas it is the same.
And current one say it is expired

2020-04-10_13-16-08

It was mine fault...I always rename Toad.exe to Froggyb.exe and this is not what I did last time so i was calling last version and not current...all clear mine fault...sorry

and this is why I suggest: when Beta is expired, disable all menus but one to export user settings and About.
In this way we could see which version we have and would be able to export settings if we work with beta and want to import settings into "regular" one version

Do we get finally darkMode also for Toad for Oracle?

Or is there an xml File where we can ad darkMode to the Display option? Office2003 Style is a bit colorfull….. we want darkMode also for Menues and toolbars as well-known in other Editors

Sorry, we don't have a dark mode.

Personally, I think "Office 2003" is awful. I like "Enhanced".

John, thank you for your quick response!

Dark mode should be implementable, because instead of the awful Office 2003 Blue everything we just would need dark everything… :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps these settings are hidden in an ini, xml or config file, like in other Toad settings which can be modified behind. But i dont know which one…

Like for the Editor there is (thanks to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/102523/where-can-i-get-toad-syntax-coloring-schemes):

…..have created a schema similar to Visual Studio 2017 dark theme

You can download it from: EditorLexers.xml

You need to replace the file located at:

C:\Users\[YOUR_USER]\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\13.1\User Files

There are several elements in Toad that would need to be colorized for dark theme to look good.

1. the Editor - yup, that looks nice.
  2. grids (you could maybe come up with a dark theme for this in Toad options)
  3. toolbars (we'd have to add support for this)
  4. other standard controls such as buttons, popup menus, checkboxes, etc. (we'd have to add support for these too)

The trick is making all of these 4 things look nice together. Because they all have different settings.

It would already be nice to be able to change the settings as visible in the hellish, blueish Office2003

Are these settings hidden in another xml file? then we as users could change ourselfs and accept if not everything is darkMode

Options -> Toolbars/Menus -> Toolbars. Then on the right, change "Visual Style" to "Enhanced".

That will get you out of the blue.

There is no option, hidden or otherwise, to make it dark at this time.

Thanks for your reply, yes I know hot to 'get out of the blue',

this was simply ment to show, that its seems possible to change the different menu style settings…. but I see there is no will

That's harsh and not fair. Spend some time on these forums and you'll see that we work hard for our users. The "dark mode" request is a lot more complicated than it seems.