Toad Beta Change Log
Oracle clients: 12cR2 and 18c are the recommended client versions.
- 19c and 21c will work, but are not recommended due to memory leaks with LOBs, as well as hangs when cancelling queries against 11gR2 servers.
- 12cR1 and older clients don't handle XMLTYPE natively.
- Toad's no-client option works well, and is a bit faster than using a client, but it has a few limitations such as Tracing/logging, proxy connections, and TCPS. However, LDAP, TNSNames.ora, Oracle Encryption and Data Integrity are all supported in no-client mode. This post has a good discussion about it. Uncheck the "Use Oracle Client" box on the login window to try it.
Toad Beta 17.0.101, Released 05-June-2023
- Docked Panels: An undocked, floating panel can go behind Toad after switching to another app and back
- Login window: Selected/Focused row not in sync in tabbed display style
- Schema Browser: Data tab Filter/Sort dialog - "Columns" dropdown not wide enough
- Editor: Added option in script output to sync currently selected grid with SQL in script, and vice versa
- Editor: Added an optional mini-navigator panel at the top of the edit area
- Logging: Added enhanced logging for internet activity
- Generate Schema Script: New option to include schema in object file names
- Single Record Viewer: Added ability to copy column name and value to clipboard
Toad Beta 17.0.91, Released 30-May-2023
- Grid Sort Dialog: Fixed tab order
- Session Browser: Statistics and Processes tab not loading (beta only bug)
- Workspaces - Minimized window position lost after multiple saves
- Connection Bar Button: Added "Frequently Used Windows" right-click option
- Schema Browser: Added separate icons for Session and Transactional Global Temporary Tables
- Session Browser: "Filter" dropdown and funnel icon consolidated into one, and moved so it is nearer to "Limit" controls.
- Oracle 23c: Added support for new DEFAULT ON NULL options
- Oracle 23c: Added support for domains
- Oracle 23c: Added support for annotations
- Window Bar Button: Rearranged items for a cleaner and more useful look
Toad Beta 17.0.77, Released 22-May-2023
- Add Column dialog: Column names were limited to 30 characters
- Automation Designer: Script action fails if output path contains variables
- Export DDL: Semicolon missing when exporting views with "query only" option
- Schema Browser: Tablespace's RHS Objects tab not displaying grid
- TSR: Added missing color themes
- Window Menu: Minimized windows always restored as maximized
- Window Menu: Minimized Editor tabs not restored
- Connections: If logged in as a common user with the SET CONTAINER privilege, you can now right-click on connection bar button to change to a different pluggable/container
- Editor: Added a summary page to "Export all grids to Excel"
- Oracle 23c: Added support for JSON Relational Duality Views
Toad Beta 17.0.64, Released 15-May-2023
- Export DDL: Incorrect script for encrypted tablespaces
- Report Designer: F1 not downloading Fast Reports user manual
- Schema Browser: Double clicking on trigger errors not finding the errors in source tab
- Schema Browser: Dragging multiple objects from Favorites only including one object
- Subscription: Access violation after update
- Oracle 23c: Added support for PRECHECK keyword on constraints
Toad Beta 17.0.56, Released 8-May-2023
- Toad's internal beta updater wasn't updating
- Connection Error dialog: Fixed incorrect advice on "no listener" error
- Schema Browser: Load Trigger Into Editor ignored Editor's Schema Name options
- Schema Browser: Save Procedure/Function defaulted to wrong extension in save dialog
- Workspaces: Removed artifact on mainform when workspace toolbar hidden
- Workspaces: Not able to toggle Workspace toolbar's visibility
- Connection Error dialog: Added suggestion to verify installation of MS Visual Studio redistributable if using instant client
- Object Search: Now remembers settings per-connection
- Object Search: Now remembers settings when launched from Export DDL
- Oracle 23c: Added support for boolean datatypes
- Oracle 23c: Added support for "create if not exists"
- Oracle 23c: Added support for "drop if exists"
- Oracle 23c: Added support for schema privileges
- Schema Browser: Added "Copy script to Editor" in SB-Tables-Triggers
Toad Beta 17.0.41, Released 1-May-2023
- ADDM Report: Text cut off in "drop baseline" dialog
- Analyze Table: Table not being auto-selected when window launched from Schema Browser
- Export Dataset: DBLink containing a dot was confusing schema auto-detect
- Import Table Data: Not continuing to import after error with array DML
- Schema Browser: SQL error displaying Scheduler job run log on Oracle version 10.1
- Session Browser: Open Cursors subtab changes selected row in parent grid.
- Workspaces: Position of minimized windows was lost
- Workspaces: Unicode data was lost
- Workspaces: Dropdown doesn't support incremental search
- Workspaces: Changes in Editor contents lost if loaded object from DB
- Editor: Added option to trim whitespace when saving files
- Object Search: Now remembers settings per-connection
- Workspaces: Can now be specified from command line like "Toad.exe -workspace X" where X is workspace name. Put X in double-quotes if it contains spaces.
Toad Beta 17.0.18, Released 17-Apr-2023
- Alter Datafile: "UNLIMITED" appears in SQL after other edits
- Editor: Profiler data generated by Code Tester not summarized
- Editor: Script Execution moves caret to the wrong location after execution
- Editor: Toolbar AV while customizing
- Login Window: Grid grouping changes after deletion
- Export DDL: Scheduler Job script with unnamed arguments produces SQL error
- Generate Schema Script: Tablespace inmemory and compression options ignored
- Schema Browser: Can't rename favorites folder
- Schema Browser: Single Row of tabs mode - Right/Left arrows not shown in Windows 11
- Window Bar: Not sorting correctly when connection bar also sorted
- Schema Browser: Added ability to pin quick filters
- Session Browser: Added "Kill Session" button to Locks tab.
- Session Browser: Added status column to Locks tab
- Options: Got rid of DBA page. Moved those options out to their respective windows
- Workspaces: Combined buttons into one dropdown to save space on the toolbar
The change log for Toad version 16.3 is here