Toad for SQL Server 6.8.0 Freeware version suddenly asking for a license key

I am using 6.8.2.9 Freeware. I am changing my computer date to 1.1.2019 before starting TOAD. Then I don't close it. I feel bad things about the future of freeware edition.

Perhaps you need to look at the history of this product. I've used TOAD since the days of Jim McDaniel (aka TOADman) producing the freeware/shareware version of TOAD. When it become too much for him to maintain it was acquired by Quest but with the understanding that they would always produce a freeware version.
Maybe my memory is rusty on this point but Jim works for Quest so he may be able to confirm or not that a freeware version should be available.
But I take your point that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

We have now posted a new Version of Freeware. Toad for SQL Server 7.0.3.32. I am posting this two weeks earlier than the normal GA so you can have access. The release notes will be updated when the commercial version is released on April 15th.

Sorry for the long delay. It won't happen again. We do intend to support Freeware.

1 Like

Many thanks Debbie. It's much appreciated that Quest still support the freeware version.
Umm. Maybe it's time for me to get the chequebook(90's reference) out and buy a licence.
Jim

The commitment to continuing the freeware version of Toad is appreciated. As was the direction to use the beta during the freeware 'hiccup'. Thank you.

Really appreciated Debbie
thank you
luca

Due to the commitment and effort made to support the Freeware version of TOAD I have finally bit the bullet and actually purchased a licence. :grinning:

Sounds good to me:+1::heart_eyes:

Hi Debbie,

Today I also started Toad freeware and it asked me for a license key.
So I uninstalled version 7.0 and I downloaded from your website version 7.1.2

However when I start Toad Freeware 7.1.2 it still asks me for the license key????

Can you help me?

Edited 10 minutes later.

Just after registering to this website and posting this reply, I tried it again and it started up??

No idea what happened, but I am glad it starts up.

Kind regards,

Clemens Linders