Toad World® Forums

Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.6.0.604 - problem with alias in code completion

I have two tables. I attach a screenshot :

toad_relation.jpeg

As you can see dbo.ANAGRAFICA_CLIENTI is master and dbo.ANAGRAFICA_RIFERIMENTI is detail. Relation between these two tables is established between field FK_CODCLI in detail and CODCLI in master. There is a foregin key between these two tables.

I open sql Editor and write a select statement :

toad_cc_error.jpeg

code completion insert alias for master table and when I type - inner join - code completion suggest to me a wrong join condition. If I press return and insert it when I execute it I obtain an error message :

toad_cc_error1.jpeg

The condition of join isn’t correct - ON AR.CODCLI = AC.FK_CODCLI - . Code completion invert the aliases fields. The correct condition join is :

toad_cc_OK.jpeg

ON AC.CODCLI = AR.FK_CODCLI.

I stay tune for your consideration.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

I reproduce this issue. Sorry for your inconvenience. I create bug TSS-913 for this bugs.

Best Regards,

Kelly

HI Kelly,

many thank’s for your support and TSS-XXXX .

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Kelly,

I try it in Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.6.0.920 and the problem is still present.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Kelly,

do you plan to solve this problem in the next official release of TOAD SS 6.6 ?

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Sorry, we will not fix this in Toad SS 6.6. But we may fix this in 6.7.

Thank you,

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

many thank’s for your answer.

I’m not so happy for this. Why must I use aliasname in code completion, without the possibility to show correctly the join condition between tables ?

I don’t know.

Probably I de-activate option about code completion - enable automatic aliasing - .

Use code completion alias-name only to add an alias name to the table in the sql statement, without use it correctly in many parts is not so useful.

What do you think of this my consideration ?

I stay tune for your answer.

Best regards,

Sergio

Last beta of Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.7.0.65.

Now problem was solved.

Best regards,

Sergio