Toad World® Forums

toad for sybase - viewer only single tab?

I’m trying out the amazing toad for sybase (finally!). Clicking on a table in the treeview opens a viewer tab - correct! but clicking on a second table in treeview replaces the viewer tab of the previous table - in other words, there is only ever ONE tab in the viewer.

Obviously this cannot be correct behaviour, but I can’t see any configuration to enable multiple tabs to appear … ?

… assistance greatly appreciated!
regards, riix.

Hello Riix,

In order to get new tabs you will need to use the Database Explorer which can be found under Tools -> Database Explorer or on the toolbar.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks.
toolbar.png

Hello Riix,

In order to get new tabs you will need to use the Database Explorer which can be found under Tools -> Database Explorer or on the toolbar.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks.
menuitem.png

Thanks Micheal but that doesn’t solve the issue.

1. I have “Object Explorer” treeview open on left pane, right pane is empty.
  2. I click on a table name in OE treeview. A tabbed panel appears in right pane with table info - perfecto!
  3. I click on another table name in OE treeview. I am expecting to see another tabbed panel appear in the right pane with information about this new table, and so, in total, I expect to see 2 tabbed panels in the right pane.
  4. but NO ! there is only 1 tabbed panel; the new table is displayed in it.
  5. this is obviously wrong, two tables selected should obviously = 2 opened tabbed panels, no?

Regards,
Rick

Hello Rick,

The Object Explorer will only show the single Object Viewer on the right side. The only way to have multiple would be to open multiple Database Explorer tabs which is basically a standalone Object Explorer and Object Viewer combined in a single tab.

Sybase Central seems to work in a similar way in that clicking on an object in the tree view on the left will update the information on the pane to the right. Out of curiosity, are you comparing Toad to another product or is this more a personal preference?

Thanks.