Toad World® Forums

Toad for Sybase: what happen to semicolon being a valid "go" statement?

In older versions of Toad for Sybase the semicolon was a valid substitute for “go” but now I get an error “Incorrect syntax near ‘;’.”, is there a configuration option that I’m missing?

The strange thing is that whenever I insert code snippits the code ends with a semicolon.

Hi Ken,

message which you got was sent directly from your server because ASE databases doesn’t support semicolon.

There is no option in Toad to set a substitute for “go” statement for now. In our new version we are using parser with syntax specified for ASE instead of common parser for all providers.

Can you tell what version of Toad are you using and which snippets including semicolon on the end?

Thanks

Filip

Running Toad version 2.1.0.2921, the snippet was one of my favorites that I added but I’m sure I did not add the semicolon.

Where would I find the substitute for go option?

From: Filip Cevela [mailto:bounce-FilipCevela@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:35 AM

To: toadsybase@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum] Toad for Sybase: what happen to semicolon being a valid “go” statement?

RE: Toad for Sybase: what happen to semicolon being a valid “go” statement?

Reply by Filip Cevela

Hi Ken,

message which you got was sent directly from your server because ASE databases doesn’t support semicolon.

There is no option in Toad to set a substitute for “go” statement for now. In our new version we are using parser with syntax specified for ASE instead of common parser for all providers.

Can you tell what version of Toad are you using and which snippets including semicolon on the end?

Thanks

Filip

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Sybase - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

---------------------------------------- The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

Hi Ken,

We setup a task TSY-1570 to add an option for changing the Script Statement Delimiter. Unfortunately it will not be in 3.0 as our development cycle has already ended.

just wondering - can you run “Replace All” in the Editor to replace all semicolons by go?

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

there is no such option. You could run Automation activity with it but it might be easier to just duplicate your files and replace the GO statement in them.

Regards,

Using the regular expressions I see that I can but now to remember to do so if and when there are semicolons.

Do not suppose there is a execute this replacement macro before running a query option?

From: Daniel Bizon [mailto:bounce-DanielBizon@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 3:54 AM

To: toadsybase@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum] Toad for Sybase: what happen to semicolon being a valid “go” statement?

RE: Toad for Sybase: what happen to semicolon being a valid “go” statement?

Reply by Daniel Bizon

Hi Ken,

We setup a task TSY-1570 to add an option for changing the Script Statement Delimiter. Unfortunately it will not be in 3.0 as our development cycle has already ended.

just wondering - can you run “Replace All” in the Editor to replace all semicolons by go?

Thanks!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Sybase - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Sybase - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

---------------------------------------- The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

Hi Ken,

we created TSY-1570 to address this and this was resolved. Please try this in the new beta.

Visit our beta site here.

Best regards!