Toad World® Forums

Toad SS- Beta 5.70.527 - Reformatting need to work on Alter statements.

I use the Editor/Format SQL/ Long format Leading Comma Uppercase formatting.

However it doesn’t format Alter Statements like below. I have provided the example of what I would like to see and a line of Alter code for the developer to work with

— The below was generated from View SQL in maintenance plan, I would want to be able to reformat this line of code.

USE [GCMA_AIT]

GO

ALTER INDEX [PK_AccountAddresses_AccountID] ON [APP].[AccountAddresses] REBUILD WITH (FILLFACTOR = 99, PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = ON, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ONLINE = ON)

GO

USE [GCMA_AIT]

GO

---- This what I would want after a request a reformt

USE [GCMA_AIT]

GO

ALTER INDEX [PK_AccountAddresses_AccountID] ON [APP].[AccountAddresses]

REBUILD WITH (FILLFACTOR = 99

, PAD_INDEX = OFF

, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF

, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON

, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON

, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = ON

, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF

, ONLINE = ON)

GO

Hank Freeman

Senior Systems, Database/Data Warehouse Architect

hfreeman@msn.com

678.414.0090 my cell Primary

Hank.Freeman50 (Skype)

image004.png

image001.gif

image003.jpeg
image001.png

Hello Hank,
From what I see it has never worked before. I’ve created CR100161 to improve this in future releases.

thank you for your input.

Thanks Alex !
I do alot with table, fkey and index alter… So there is a lot to love about Toad-SS and there are items that need improvement, so I will be sending more as I get to them.
Hank

Sure,
will be appreciated for any examples where it is not working. We aware about different code examples but it is time consuming to cover all of them. Let’s try to focus on most valuable.

I believe I’ve found out why the formatting doesn’t work. Check http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-sql-server/f/14/t/25214 for details.

Fixed.

Thanks for reporting,

Andre