Toad World® Forums

Trigger Editor bug

Hey all – great job on the 6.4 release and already announcing 6.5! I was worried a couple of years ago SQLNav would go away and we’d all have to switch to Toad.

I discovered what looks like a bug in the trigger editor – test case is as follows:

1. Open any trigger for editing
  2. Format the code using either ctrl+r or the format button
  3. You’ll see the trigger section at the bottom where it contains the before/after insert/update/delete, etc. disappears.
  4. Save your changes and it comes back

Version is 6.4.0.1913 on Windows 7 64 bit with 32 bit 11.2 client.

Hi

I when trying to save an trigger code after changing it I got an ORA_00942 and there was an automatic undo of the change

Regards

PS: here is the error.log dump

v6.4.0 2010-09-30 16:27:39 Exception EOleException in module sqlnavigator.exe at 00A951FA. ORA-00942: tabela ou vista não existe.
v6.4.0 2010-09-30 16:28:15 Exception EOleException in module sqlnavigator.exe at 00A951FA. ORA-00942: tabela ou vista não existe.
v6.4.0 2010-09-30 16:28:54 Exception EOleException in module sqlnavigator.exe at 00A951FA. ORA-00942: tabela ou vista não existe.
v6.4.0 2010-09-30 16:29:02 Access violation at address 043381E6 in module ‘sqlnavigator.exe’. Read of address 00000000
v6.4.0 2010-09-30 16:29:06 Access violation at address 04C57944 in module ‘sqlnavigator.exe’. Read of address 00000228
v6.4.0 2010-09-30 16:29:11 Access violation at address 04C57944 in module ‘sqlnavigator.exe’. Read of address 00000228

Message was edited by: Fsilva

It seems to me that behavior occurs when editing in the trigger body section.
why is that “section” there (was not in 6.3) if the edition is still above?
Maybe the editor above was supposed to be gone? so we get an separated trigger editor…

Hi Filipe,

You’re right the Body tab isn’t supposed to be there. Did you do a ‘clean’ install of the Beta? Do you open a trigger from DB Navigator or Code Editor?

Regards,
Roman

Hi Roman

It was a clean install of beta (otherwise it will not install)
and the call was made by clicking in the trigger name in the trigger tab of the related table editor

Hi MarkM,

Thanks for your note.

We will fix the refresh screen for trigger object after formatting in the next drop for you.

Thanks, and regards,
Bruce

Hi Mark,

I was able to reproduce the problem. As it’s a showstopper, I think we’ll have to fix it for 6.4 GA. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Roman

Hi MarkM,

Roman has made changes to fix the issue you reported. Could you please check it in the next drop.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Filipe,

We could not reproduce the Body tab is visible. However, I have made more changes to make hide the Body Tab in our Trigger base form. Could you please check it again with the next drop and let us know if you still have the same issue.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce

in build 1917 the tab doesn’t appear (I think that that is the way you want it) but I still got the error ORA-0094 ( table or view doesn’t exists) when opening and saving ,etc…

Using the Tracker I found out that this is the query with problems:

SELECT a.referenced_trigger_owner owner, a.referenced_trigger_name object_name FROM sys.dba_trigger_ordering a WHERE …

regards
Filipe

another annoying message:

edit a trigger …change the body…close the editor without saving…it will ask you to reload the object

PS: this occurs also when closing a code editor with several objects and some of then get referenced objects modified…I think that the “close mode” should not allow that question to appear

Message was edited by: Fsilva

also got an ORA-04071 (missing keyword BEFORE, AFTER or INSTEAD OF) when saving …but extracting DDL and executing it works

Looks like my formatter bug was fixed in 1917. Nice job. I tried a few of the scenarios Filipe reported, but have not been able to get the same issues to occur.

If I make a change to the body and edit without saving, I get a warning about unsaved changes and then the window closes

If I make changes and save it, it saves normally.

I might not be doing the same steps perhaps?

My configuration
I’m using Team coding (with no 3th party program)
Windows 7 64 bits
Oracle 11g r2

Also the Trigger editor that appears below the code in the code editor can be closed and it sometimes gets and unexpected error that asks (…)yes /no(…) but will make the SQL Nav to close

Hi Filipe,

I haven’t been able to reproduce any of the issues you reported. Could you provide some screenshots and the Support Bundle? This would give us some idea of what’s going on.

Thanks,
Roman

Hi Filipe,

We could reproduce the ORA-00942 ( table or view doesn’t exists) now.
This is regression on 11g DB with the added support for ‘FOLLOW’ option added in 6.4 for triggers. We will try to address it in the next drop.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Filipe,

With the issue you reported “edit a trigger …change the body…close the editor without saving…it will ask you to reload the object”

We only see this popup when having the Team Coding integration.
I think you have have the ‘Auto check in’ option of Team Coding ON. When trying to close the tab/window, and select NO to save changes, SQL Navigator will still try to perform check in then it fires the check routine if the text in the editor is different to the DB version.

The check in process is as expected but the Message pop up Check-in Modified Object should NOT be displayed at all.

We will try to fix the issue for you with the ‘Check-in Modified Object’ in the next release v6.5 as the changes are in high risk area for this late in the release cycle.

Thanks,
Bruce
teamcoding.jpeg

Hi Filipe,

Issue with ‘ORA-04071 (missing keyword BEFORE, AFTER or INSTEAD OF)’ has been fixed. It will be in the nex drop.

This issue related to the issue with ORA-00942 ( table or view doesn’t exists).

Thanks,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong

Yes, it’s fixed in build 1920

Thanks