Toad World® Forums

Triggers.


#1

I know I have mentioned this before, but it is still a problem. I have a trigger erroring and I do not own it, I am responsible for Maintaining it, so I go into the search screen and search for “ARCH”. I check all schemas no filters and include Views and Triggers. Every single time I run the search I get the attached messages. The memory locations may be different, but it is the same 2 errors. I get them 2 and sometimes 3 times each and then navigator crashes. I Have restarted my PC and tried again (Same Results). In the past you have asked me to extract the user schema and I will tell you the dba’s here have said I can not send that out. I have access to DBA triggers, but have absolutley no permission to this trigger what so ever. My access to it in the previous versions of navigator was though dba triggers and if I run select * from dba_triggers where trigger_name = ‘MYTRIGGER’ I can see the source. Of course using the search manually is a bit more tedious since the trigger body is a long (why I always liked navigator). I am not trying to modify the trigger, just view it (That is if the seach returns anything, I am not sure it keeps crashing).
image004.gif


#2

Hi Dale,

I tried to reproduce your issue but couldn’t get anything yet. Did you see the error right after clicking Search button or it poped up while searching? Could you see any result return in the grid before you saw the error?

I also want to get your confirm about the options you ticked. In the first page, did you only input ARCH and select Containing, leaving the other option unselected? In the second page, you selected “All Schemas like”, and included Trigger and View. Did you also keep all the other Types selected? And both the two text box were %?

Thanks,
Vincent


#3

It seems to be a 9.2 odbc connection issue, I captured this (below) in sqlmonitor and ran it in navigator and it crashed, then I ran it in sqlplus version 8 and it worked run it in sqlplus version 9.2 and it crashed. I will attempt to get a newer version installed and see what happens. You may want to note this for any future complaints. Seems 9.2 has a lot of problems.

Timestamp: 07:02:25.731
SELECT /+FIRST_ROWS/ OWNER, NAME, TYPE, LINE, TEXT T FROM sys.dba_SOURCE WHERE TYPE IN (‘PROCEDURE’, ‘FUNCTION’,
‘PACKAGE’, ‘PACKAGE BODY’, ‘TYPE’, ‘TYPE BODY’, ‘TRIGGER’) AND TEXT LIKE ‘%TRHrecv%’ ESCAPE ’ ’

Timestamp: 07:02:32.102
SELECT /+FIRST_ROWS/ OWNER,TRIGGER_NAME NAME, TRIGGER_TYPE, TRIGGERING_EVENT, TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME, ‘TRIGGER’ TYPE,
TRIGGER_BODY T FROM sys.dba_TRIGGERS UNION ALL SELECT /+FIRST_ROWS/ OWNER,VIEW_NAME NAME, ‘’ TRIGGER_TYPE, ‘’
TRIGGERING_EVENT, ‘’ TABLE_OWNER, ‘’ TABLE_NAME, ‘VIEW’ TYPE,TEXT T FROM sys.dba_VIEWS


#4

Thanks for the update Dale. I tried the SQLs in SQL Nav with selecting a 9i Client but I couldn’t get error, neither in sqlplus 9.2. Anyway, I hope it works after you install a new Oracle client and select it in SQL Nav. Looking forward to your further update.

Thanks,
Vincent