Toad World® Forums

trouble after lost connection

Today i left some packages open overnight. Probably something happened with the connection. Now when i activated sqlnavigator an Error window popped up with “Problem: Current database object no longer exists.” and “Solution: current tab will be closed”. This “solution” is kind of … rude. what if i made changes i had no chance to save?
On the next object it said “the object has been modified, do you want to reload?” Hit yes, and there it is, hanging…
I opened a new sqlnavigator instance, and all is running fine, and the object reported not to be there is still there. I guess the error was because there was no connection at all, but the reasoning for closing the tab is not good then.

Andres

Hi

Here is my thinking about that…

Problem: Current database object no longer exists…and closes it
It appears for instance like you said after a lost connection (sometimes not reported), and when someone has made drop of the object
My solution: should ask to save

Problem: the object has been modified, do you want to reload?..hangs
It appears after the object being compiled external to the editor…some referenced object changed (was compiled, etc)
Maybe the hang was due to the object still being compiling …the Support can explain it?

My solution: should have an option to show the code differences and not being only based in some timestamp

Regards
Filipe

Hi

I would like to also report that when
“the object has been modified, do you want to reload?”
if the object code reload is smaller it will keep the end of the previous code.
It seams like it doesn’t clean all and “paste” the new code, and really puts the new code above the previous one ,overwriting the lines but not truncating the lines after the end of the new code

I hope you can understand my explanation

Regards
Filipe

Hi guys,

We have made a few changes to address the issue with lost connection. As a result, objects will not be closed when the connection is lost and when the connection is on you can save changes as usual.

I can reproduce the last issue that Fillipe mentioned. I will raise a different CR for this one.

Gwen

hi

With the build 1476 the
(…)
if the object code reload is smaller it will keep the end of the previous code.
(…)
problem I reported above still exists

I think that this problem is easy to fix and it’s very important to have it fixed for the final 6.2 version.

The others issues seem to be fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

The new beta build should contain this fix. Please check it out.
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/ann.jspa?annID=329

Gwen

Hi Gwen

It fixed!

Thanks

Filipe