Toad World® Forums

Truncating test results?

I export my test definitions and save the QUT file in source control. Before doing so, I cleanup the test results since those quickly lead to very big export files.

Enhancement request: When cleaning up results for a suite, I get a dialog for each of the 20+ test definitions in my suite asking if i want to clean up all results. Annoying!

Enhancement request: Can there be an option on the export dialog asking if test results should be included in the export or not?

Question: Is there a SAFE programmatic way to clean up results? For example, is it safe to just truncate the qu_result table?

Good news! We are indeed adding the option to exclude results when you export, in 1.9. A beta with this feature should be available for download within the month.

Also good news: the help doc contains a topic titled “Troubleshooting for Export and Import” and within this you will find the following instructions to turn off exporting of any results right NOW! Let me know if you have questions…

Turning off the export of results

Connect to Toad (or your editor of choice) as the schema from which you will perform the export in Code Tester.

Open the my_codetester_template.pkg file and change the export_results function to return FALSE:

FUNCTION export_results
RETURN VARCHAR2
IS
BEGIN
RETURN ‘false’;
END export_results;

Compile this package, then start up Code Tester and do an export. Results should not be present. You can verify this by opening the file and searching for:

“qu_result_xp”.

Turning off the export of source code

Connect to Toad (or your editor of choice) as the schema from which you will perform the export in Code Tester.

Open the my_codetester_template.pkg file and change the export_results function to return FALSE:

FUNCTION export_source_code
RETURN VARCHAR2
IS
BEGIN
RETURN ‘false’;
END export_source_code;

Compile this package, then start up Code Tester and do an export. Source code should not be present. You can verify this by opening the file and searching for:

“qu_source_code_xp”.