Toad World® Forums

Typing period "." causes file to lock

I have a pl/sql stored procedure checked out via Team Coding and as soon as I enter a period the editor locks up and ignores keystrokes like it has been locked.

In View|Options|Editor|Code Assist uncheck the “Enable Code Insight pick list” option. Does the locking go away? If so, either leave that feature disabled if you don’t use it or do the following to make it faster…

1. Make sure data dictionary stats are current for your database. This is important.

2. Trim the list of objects shown by code insight to the smallest subset you need. In View|Options|Editor|Code Assist uncheck any object types you don’t care about in the Toad Insight Objects box. In particular public synonyms are real performance killers.

Toad 12.5 has the ability to cancel code insight. When you encounter a locking scenario like this pressing ESC will cancel it.

On 02/27/2014 12:22 PM, daveoz wrote:

Typing period “.” causes file to lock

Thread created by daveoz
I have a pl/sql stored procedure checked out via Team Coding and as soon as I enter a period the editor locks up and ignores keystrokes like it has been locked.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I am not seeing that here with Team Coding enabled. Can you give some details on your Team Coding set up?

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:22 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Typing period “.” causes file to lock

Typing period “.” causes file to lock

Thread created by daveoz

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

On the surface it sounds like Code Insight was to blame. There were known performance problems in 12.5 adn 12.6. These are fixed for 12.7. The fix will be available in the next beta (12.7.0.52). Please have a look and let me know if things are better. Performance should be on par with older versions in my testing.