Toad World® Forums

UE copy grid value error

In the data grid, if I double-click to try and copy a value, I get the following error:
13:02:16 Error while handling event 17: Access violation at address 03D9F410 in module ‘data_editors.dll’. Write of address 03E69384
13:02:16 Event handler blocked

It looks like I can right click and use the menu to copy the data, but it would be nice to just use the standard ctrl-C to copy.

Thanks.
-Charlie

First, why do you use double-click to copy data? Seems strange to me. Second, which version of Beta do you use? The AV on double-clicking was fixed a while ago. Finally, I consider adding Ctrl+C shortcut for Copy to Clipboard as a small enhancement request.

Roman

I am using beta3. Do you not get an error when you double-click in the grid?

With the previous versions of SQL Nav, I got into the habit of double-clicking a field and then highlighting the value in the pop-up box, and pressing ctrl-C. That seemed like the fasted way to copy a value.

The easiest thing would be if I press ctrl-C, it would copy what is currently highlighted.

Thanks.
-Charlie

Yes Charlie…
I’m getting the same access violation as you (in the output window), when I double click on a grid entry!!
I’ll show it to Roman when he comes in.

Jaime

That’s perhaps the build includes the old version of data_editors.dll. I’ll talk to Bernard about this.

Roman

Hi Charlie,

I have uploaded the latest version of the data_editors.dll and replacing your existing dll with this should resolve your issue. You can download the dll from the following link:

http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/shares/sqlnavigator/sbin/beta/733/data_editors.zip

Sorry for any inconvenience.

regards,

Bernard

Thanks. Yes, that fixes the dbl-click error.

Hi Charlie,

That’s great to hear. Thanks for getting back to us.

regards,

Bernard

this happened to me as well. The new dll seemed to resolve the error.

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the SQL Navigator community. We’re looking forward to hearing more from you in the future so if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post away.

regards,

Bernard

I still like the ablility to double-click a field and have it pop up a large text box. This is useful if you want to highlight and copy just a section of field. Example, the field may contain something like “Error on record 1234567, invalid date”. All I want to copy is the record number. So it was easy to double-click the field, hightlight 1234567, and then copy. With UE, you can’t.

I would think if you want to copy the entire field, press Ctrl-C (to copy the hightlighted field), and if you want to copy a partial amount of a field, double-click and copy.

Thanks.
-Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I’ve raised a CR to have this functionality (double click to launch the extended editor etc.) brought in-line with the old editor.

Jaime