Toad World® Forums

UE Open Object filter

From within UE, if you click on the down-arrow next to the Open Object toolbar button, none of the objects are filtered as I set up in the Object Filter. Is there another place to set up the filters for this option?

Thanks.
-Charlie

What do you mean by Object Filter? You can filter objects in the dialog by name if you enter a name mask like %m%. This works for me.

Roman

It is the dropdown list that I am referring to. See my attachments 1 & 2. We have 30,000+ packages in our system. I only use the ones that start with RXL. It would be nice to have a filter set somewhere so when I use this drop-down, only the RXL% objects will be displayed.

Thanks.
-Charlie
objects2.jpeg

It is the dropdown list that I am referring to. See my attachments 1 & 2. We have 30,000+ packages in our system. I only use the ones that start with RXL. It would be nice to have a filter set somewhere so when I use this drop-down, only the RXL% objects will be displayed.

Thanks.
-Charlie
objects1.jpeg

I like this idea Charlie,
You are right, this drop-down becomes unusable if you have a lot of objects to list.

Jaime

It is possible to enter a filter in the Open Object dialog. Yes, we will try to avoid the initial delay and will force user to press Search to actually display the list of objects. The dropdown menu is just a quick alternative which can be used when database is relatively small/fast. Note that you can also use DB Explorer to open objects.

Roman