Toad World® Forums

UE - table with lobs

Hi!

When i try to run select on table with lobs, en error occurs:

v6.0.0 2007-02-14 12:56:25 Access violation at address 00500F82 in module ‘SQLNav6.exe’. Read of address 04705FA0
Sql runs at first time, but sometimes returns none, sometimes raises this error.

clip0010.zip (83.3 KB)

Could you send us the DDL of your table and maybe some test data?

Thanks,
Roman

Hi,
The same situation happends with empty lobs, ddl has empty lobs.
By the way:
1.when “/” is at the end of script - sqlnav sows error ORA-00922
2. export data as insert could be included
3. Quick metadata should be open in first empty tab, if not that one, creates new. Now metadata always open new tab.
4. When i check rownum and rerun query rownum is unchecked, the same situation whe i want to see rowid, this col is not showed at default, i must check them. Watch clip in attachement.
lobs.zip (558 Bytes)

Hi,
The same situation happends with empty lobs, ddl has empty lobs.
By the way:
1.when “/” is at the end of script - sqlnav sows error ORA-00922
2. export data as insert could be included
3. Quick metadata should be open in first empty tab, if not that one, creates new. Now metadata always open new tab.
4. When i check rownum and rerun query rownum is unchecked, the same situation whe i want to see rowid, this col is not showed at default, i must check them. Watch clip in attachement.
clip0010.zip (63.5 KB)

I’ve created the table successfully using your scripts and was able to Edit Data. When I double-clicked the LOB cell, it opened an editor on a new tab with some garbage data. No AV occured. However, I’m using 10g database with Unicode. I’ll look more closely at the LOB support - something is definitely wrong here.

1. Speaking of ‘/’ at the end of a script, make sure it’s at the first column of the line, otherwise you get a syntax error. The same was in the old editor, I believe.
  2. Yes, it’s on my TODO list.
  3. Agree, will add a CR.
  4. Yes, Show Row # state should be persistent.

Thanks,
Roman

Hi,
Error occurs only when you want to see lob col, when you exclude from selection everything works fine. Error occurs while selecting. Yes lob edit shows some garbage data.

1. Oh yes it works, at new line (you are right), but for sqls, it creates new tab with results.
  2. checkboxes with cols should stay checkedunchecked on rerun statement

And new one:
Roman, quick browse could generate statement with list of cols, like in old editor. It’s very usefull, when i need a list of cols to paste into plsqlcode, I simply run quick browse on table and copy cols list :wink:

Ps. I’ve tested this on 10.2.0.3 (win32) and 10.2.0.2 (HP-UX)

1. Yes, it’s due to our new design. Tabs can’t have multiple result sets ==> When a script is detected (i.e. a slash or semicolon is present), each query is executed on a separate tab. What I can change, I can make sure this happens only when there actually are multiple (more than one) statements.
  2. Yes, they should. The problem is that it’s not always easy to determine whether it’s the same statement as the previous, or not. UE should be intelligent enough to recognize whether SQL has changed significantly so the list of cols should be completely rebuilt, or it changed only ‘slightly’ so the previous column widths etc should be applied.

Yes, the generated query will eventually contain the cols. Also, the Columns panel should allow copying column names into clipboard.

Roman

1. Exactly! You should open new tab only if after slash/semicolon is new statement…
  2. ok you can leave like that, but selecting rowid as column in statement couldn’t be unchecked, only number of row can be unchecked as default.