Toad World® Forums

UE tabs

I like that tabs across the top for the UE menu, but can you make the current tab stand out a little more? When I have a bunch up there, and I want to close a few, you really have to look at the tab to figure out which one is active. It is easy to close the wrong tab thinking you are on another tab.

Thanks.
-Charlie

I don’t think we can do it. Perhaps we could look for an alternative tab control component, as the current one is just the standard Windows control. Which version of Windows do you use? On XP, the current tab always has an orange stripe at the top so you can distinguish it easily.

Roman

I have Windows XP. If I had the orange strip (or any strip), that would be nice. Attached is what mine looks like. SQL2 is the currently selected tab. You can’t really tell unless you look at it closely.

Thanks.
-Charlie
tabs.jpeg

Hi Charlie,

I’m getting exactly the same as you. But although I’m using XP, I use the ‘Windows Classic’ scheme (I don’t like the XP look and feel).

By the looks of your screenshot, you are also using the classic style (see attachment 1). The highlight on the tab that Roman sees is in the XP scheme (see attachment 2).

Perhaps you can fiddle with your Display properties (as a work-around).

Jaime
scheme.jpeg

Hi Charlie,

I’m getting exactly the same as you. But although I’m using XP, I use the ‘Windows Classic’ scheme (I don’t like the XP look and feel).

By the looks of your screenshot, you are also using the classic style (see attachment 1). The highlight on the tab that Roman sees is in the XP scheme (see attachment 2).

Perhaps you can fiddle with your Display properties (as a work-around).

Jaime
tabs_xp.jpeg

yes, I use Windows Classic (for the same reason).

The tabs look good as the other format. The current tab stands out (like it should).
I’ll have to weigh changing my settings. I hate to change my setting just so I can see the tabs in SQL Nav. I’ll see if I can get used to it.

Thanks.
-Charlie