Toad World® Forums

unable to launch toad - stuck on 'Creating Application Window'

I am unable to launch toad beta 6.0. I get the starting window with the message ‘Creating Application Window’ but Toad does not actually start. All I see is Toad animated frog going in circles. It is fun to watch Toad eating the bugs though :slight_smile:

Toad Starting Window.png

Please check for an open Toad window behind the splash. The first time you start Toad for DB2 it looks for a DB2 client. If it finds one, it notifies you with a confirmation message.

I checked but couldn’t find any additional window. In fact I couldn’t even move or remove the splash. I have to reboot the computer to get rid of it.

Does Toad launch properly the second time it’s started?

No. It does not launch and I get stuck again on same window.

We use toad to connect to DB2 on Z/OS. We do not have license for DB2 client (DB2 Connect) as required by this Beta. However I downloaded trial version of the client from IBM.

Please add /debuglog=logging.txt to the target of your Toad shortcut. After you try to start Toad, there should be a file in C:\Users’user name’\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for DB2 Beta 6.0. Please send the file to adam.ririe@quest.com.

Thanks

Also, please send the ExceptionTrace.Log if you find one in the application directory.

Attached is the trace

From: Adam Ririe [mailto:bounce-adamririe_906@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 10:50 AM

To: toaddb2beta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum] unable to launch toad - stuck on ‘Creating Application Window’

RE: unable to launch toad - stuck on 'Creating Application Window’

Reply by Adam Ririe

Also, please send the ExceptionTrace.Log if you find one in the application directory.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.