Toad World® Forums

Unprintable Characters (Square Box)

I don’t know if this helps, but in the attached file I got the square boxes, here is how I was able to get these, first I double clicked a package body, it came up looking like the left print screen, then I right clicked on the package body and did compile/rebuild, the screen shifted back to the top then when scrolling down there were boxes (the right image)… Don’t know that it’s hurting anything, just noticed it. Also if you close the package and double click and bring it back up the boxes are gone (back to the left image)…

I did one additional test, we currently have a 9i version and 10G version of the same package. In the 9i version it does the same thing without the blue dots. But still puts the boxes in there when compiling…

Message was edited by: Lozier
image001.jpeg

Hi Dale,

This is a known issue and how it happens depends on the environment you have. Some users got it when they drag&drop things into the code editor. So far, we haven’t been able to identify the cause for this. Luckily, it doesn’t really cause any serious trouble and as you stated above it goes away if you reopen the objects. We have added a CR for this and will look into it in later versions of Nav. Thanks.

Gwen