Versatility of Editor screens

Finally I have been able to update the TOAD license but I was little more than 1 year without being able to use TOAD due to lack of budget.
This led me to develop in other tools such as "Oracle SQL Developer".
In this tool I am impressed by the versatility of the sql code editor screens; I found it very useful that you can distribute them as you wish.
It would be great if the same could be achieved at TOAD.

Good Afternoon,

TOAD has had that ability for some time now. Press F9 to run a query, press F5 to run a script and get the actual result as you would see in SQL+, any errors and a tab for each query that returned data:

Larry

Good call, Larry. One point to add: Just don't do that with large datasets, as the F5 grid pulls the entire dataset into memory.

I use TOAD since 2004 and I mean is that the versatility with which I can distribute the screens (editors) is very good in the tool "Oracle SQL Developer". What I indicate is that, maybe, they can improve it in TOAD.

It's just an opinion.

Warmly,

Hi Carlos,

Another option available to you, if using Toad 13.0 or higher, is the ability to either switch to SDI mode or pop out individual MDI windows when desired. For more information, feel free to see this blog article:

-John

Hi jbowman,

Yes, I know that functionality and use it quite a lot. Sometimes an error occurs that forces me to abruptly close the entire TOAD.

But it's still a little distant from the versatility I mention.
It would be good that at some point they review that part (editor) in the "Oracle SQL Developer"Tool.

Thank you for answering.