Toad World® Forums

Version Control - Statistics

Currently, Toad sees changes in Statistics on objects (i.e. Tables) as a reason to move the item out of “Up To Date” to “Modified”. Statistics are managed by SQL Server and are not usually migrated to other environments. At the least, there should be an option similar to the logic in the Schema Compare feature that says “ignore Statistics” as a trigger point for detecting modifications within the Source Control feature. The lack of this feature increases the noise of managing “Modified” objects in Toad and is extremely inconvenient.

-Rudy

While there can be manually created statistics, Rudy is correct that the vast majority are automatically created as needed by SQL Server with an automatically generated name that will almost certainly be different between instances.

Therefore, it is highly unlikely that when comparing a table between instances (or between different developers’ local databases and a central repository) that any will show as “Up to date”. There does need to be a way to exclude statistics when making comparisons.

• Mark Freeman

On Oct 22, 2015 8:47 AM, “rwilkinson” bounce-rwilkinson@toadworld.com wrote:

Version Control - Statistics

Thread created by rwilkinson
Currently, Toad sees changes in Statistics on objects (i.e. Tables) as a reason to move the item out of “Up To Date” to “Modified”. Statistics are managed by SQL Server and are not usually migrated to other environments. At the least, there should be an option similar to the logic in the Schema Compare feature that says “ignore Statistics” as a trigger point for detecting modifications within the Source Control feature. The lack of this feature increases the noise of managing “Modified” objects in Toad and is extremely inconvenient.

-Rudy

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for SQL Server - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks Mark. I didn’t mean to confuse anyone by inferring that users cannot create Statistics. I was more referring to how in our use case the system generates/manages the vast majority of statistics (if not all). As we both agree, there needs to be an option for those shops who want to ignore Statistics.

Hi Rudy and Mark,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I create story TSS-1212 for this.

-Kelly