Version manager: Different locations for different project

Hi!
Until now we have stored the casestudio models together with everything else concerning the development project. That is, the database model versions for project A reside in one directory structure, the ones for Project B in another. This worked well with Version manager in Casestudio 2.
But now I have only one location where to store the different versions for different version manager projects.
All projects and their versions reside in the same directory (i.e. …\VersionManager\Server\Projects )
Is it possible to differentiate this?
Either to have several servers, or to specify a different location for each project ?
Regards, Elke

Hi Elke,

unfortunately it is not possible to differentiate the folders. We plan to improve versioning possibilities/features.

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi Vaclav!
Thanks for your reply.
I cannot use the versioning as it is, not without seriously reorganizing the way we store information for our projects.
So this is another reason to still continue using Casestudio 2.
Regards, Elke

Hi Elke,

have you ever thought about using third party versioning system? I guess this can be a good alternative. As I wrote, we plan to improve version manager features, but instead of trying to make a copy of existing system we may bring integration with existing versioning solutions.

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi Vaclav!
No, we have not yet used a third party tool, because our projects are usually rather small, and not much programming is involved. Its usually rather reporting on existing databases.
Regards, Elke

marking as anwered was a mouse-click error