Toad World® Forums

Version Manager

I am trying to use the Version Manager in TDM3 Beta version 3.0.8.193. But I always get an error message “Access denied for user “” from computer …” whenever I click on the Version Manager icon or right-click on a project and select “Add to Version Manager”. Then the only options I see when I right-click on “Local Server” in the “Version Manager” window is “Add Project” and “List Projects”. (In other words I don’t see the options for setting up a server connection and such, like in the tutorials.) And if I go through the steps of adding a project through the “Add Projects” dialog, I always get an error message “Access violation at address 00D09F41 in module ‘TDM.exe’. Read of address 00000000”

Hi,

Please try to delete the servers.xml file and then run TDM 3 BETA again to see if it has helped.

Path to the file: It is set up in the Settings menu | Options | Application | Version Manager | File with Servers.

E.g. my path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\vnitrova.PROD\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\VersionManager\Local\servers.xml

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Vladka

I deleted the servers.xml file, restarted TDM3, but got the same results.

Are there some initial steps to setting up Version Manager that I am missing, e.g. turn on file sharing or something?

Hello,

You don’t seem to miss anything.

Please send us your servers.xml file to modeling@quest.com.

We’ll verify it. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team