Toad World® Forums

View differences refresh

Hi

If I have view diferences between files in 2 distinct database connections and then I close one of them, if I make a resfresh of the comparision I got in the console

Access violation at address 0424DC94 in module ‘sqlnavigator.exe’. Read of address 00000000

or

Access violation at address 7722E13D in module ‘ntdll.dll’. Write of address 00000014

Also sometimes the refresh seems (I could not repeat now the issue) to not really reread the source that I have changed and compile between the first compare and the refresh time.

(It would be nice to have a timestamp of the objects in the compare windows, and that the default type of the second object would be the type selected for the first object (and not being always empty) and if the database connection in distinct the object name defaulted to the “main” object name selected.)

thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

I can reproduce the AV. We will try to fix it for this release.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

I thought (maybe wrongly) that the fix in this last build :“AV when View Difference is open and one of the sessions is closed.” was related to this error.

I still get an error:

11:30:48 Access violation at address 7743E13D in module ‘ntdll.dll’. Write of address 00000014

Regards

Filipe

Hi Filipe,

That’s strange. It was definitely fixed in our build. Please check the version of sqlnavigator under Help > About and the version of sqlnavigator.exe file. It should be build 1495.
Regarding View Differences, if you close one of the two sessions it should not give AV.
If you close both of the sessions, it will give Index out of bound error when refreshing. However, this bug has been in nav for a while and we decided no to fix it in 6.2.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

You were right
Somehow I reinstall the previous build …sorry

Thanks
Filipe

You almost gave me a heart-attack there Filipe . Glad it works though.

Gwen

Gwen

I am very sorry about that…

Ok now I do not get the message the differences view is still opened (that’s ok) but refresh is still working (without connection?)?

Regards
Filipe

Only the object that has a connection will be refreshed. The other one cannot be updated because there’s no connection.