Toad World® Forums

[WARNING: A/V UNSCANNABLE]RE: 3.5 beta Defect - Named filters for tables disappear

Jeff,

I really do not know what is causing the filter issues. Sometimes the named filters for tables disappear completely until I close and start Toad and sometimes
the manual filter for tables produces an exception when I type something like ‘T_ATM’ and then this syntax may work instead “%T_ATM%” which makes no sense because the syntax with the % does not work when I install 3.5 on a clean machine (only the * works).
And then at some point the manual filters stop working and produce exceptions. I also get exceptions with named filters. This happens on my machine as well as clean machines after we use manual and named filters for a few minutes.

Attached are two data directories from my machine without the connection files that I removed for security reasons:

  • Toad Data Point Beta 3.5: is what my Toad uses now which produces many errors with the filters like I mentioned

  • Toad Data Point Beta 3.5.good 2014-04-10: is what the above folder looked liked before the filters broke (there may be a slight difference in the settings
    but not with the filters)

Hope it helps to troubleshoot, but there is definitely a defect. Could it be a cache issue in Toad that is not refreshing properly?

Panos Menelaou

AVP, Enterprise Information Services

SunTrust Bank

Direct: 404-813-4978

From: Menelaou.Panos

Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:47 PM

To: ‘toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com’

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] 3.5 beta Defect - Named filters for tables disappear

Jeff,

Something interesting is happening with the filters too after the cleanup I mentioned for the MQT issue in the other thread. At first the manual worked fine,
but as I added the DB2 z/OS filters I can no longer use wildcards in the manual table filters. Can you send us the documentation I asked?

For this one we may need to have a screen sharing to show the issues we are facing with filters. Maybe you can play around with filters for both DB2 LUW
and z/OS databases and see if yours break too.

Panos Menelaou

AVP, Enterprise Information Services

SunTrust Bank

Direct: 404-813-4978

From: Menelaou.Panos

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:52 PM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] 3.5 beta Defect - Named filters for tables disappear

This one is a tough one. I had already removed and recreated the application data directory since I am very familiar with this from having filter issues
with previous releases. Also created connections and filters manually. The issue happens very randomly. Basically when I use 3.5 and go from Named Filter to Named Filter or type in a Table filter manually. Again with a lot of back and forth between named
filters and manual typing. It only happens with the table filter. I have a tabbed view in the Object Explorer.

However, 3.5 is a definite improvement from 3.4 in terms of filters. The filter functionality has major defects in 3.4 for DB2 LUW.

I think, that one of the issues, is the syntax for filters is not documented. Could you send us any documentation? Also, I noticed that sometimes when I
search for a table name by typing parts of the name like this in the filter box “T_ATM” can create issues with a later use of filters vs. if I type it like this “T_ATM%” or like this “%T_ATM%”. In either case, I do not know the cause and all of these could
be contributing factors. My workaround is to close and restart Toad.

Thanks

Panos Menelaou

AVP, Enterprise Information Services

SunTrust Bank

Direct: 404-813-4978

From: Jeff Podlasek [mailto:bounce-Jeff_Podlasek@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:16 PM

To: toaddatapointbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum] 3.5 beta Defect - Named filters for tables disappear

RE: 3.5 beta Defect - Named filters for tables disappear

Reply by Jeff Podlasek

I installed the latest 3.5.0.2904 beta and was unable to see this issue.

Please see if you could rename your application data directory and then recreate your named filters.

You can get to the application data directory from the link in the Help About menu.

I would suggest you stop Toad, then rename the application data directory, then start Toad.

Then do not migrate settings from any previous release.

You can then import your connection profiles from the renamed directory.

Then you can create your new named filters.

Some other questions to assist in problem determination:

What view type do you have selected in the Object Explorer? (tabbed, tabbed multi-line, dropdown, etc.)

Do you have a single specific Schema selected in the Object Explorer when this occurs or do you have a * (for all schemas) selected?

Is this only occurring on the Tables Objects?

Thanks

Jeff

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

By replying to this e-mail, you consent to SunTrust’s monitoring activities of all communication that occurs on SunTrust’s systems.

SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.

[ST:XCL]