Toad World® Forums

Warning: Report Location the same as for release and TDM 3.4.2.6 BETA

Report Location the same as for release and TDM 3.4.2.6 BETA

Warning: Potential for Report over-write
When generating a HTML report when using the BETA Version the software wants to put the report in the default product folder of :
C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents*Toad Data Modeler*\Reports\HTML\VLCS-DB_prog(b).HTML

When it should be putting the report in the Toad Data Modeler Beta Folder as shown below.

C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents*Toad Data Modeler Beta*\Reports\HTML\VLCS-DB_prog(b).HTML

This may or may not be a bug in the just the BETA software release.

Hank Freeman
hfreeman@msn.com
end.

Hello Hank,

Firstly, important information regarding the path where the report is generated:

1. Report Wizard uses the default path defined in Settings | Options | Paths | Reports tab.

In Commercial version, the default path for HTML report is:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents*Toad Data Modeler*\Reports\HTML

In BETA, the default path for HTML report is:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents*Toad Data Modeler Beta*\Reports\HTML

1. You can modify the path for particular model directly in the Report Wizard | step Select File. This changed path (+ other settings you define in the Wizard) is saved together with the model (provided that you generate the report for this model and save the model then.)
    When you open the model next time - no matter if in BETA or the commercial version, the path + other settings defined in the Report Wizard will be preserved.

Note: It works the same way for settings for DDL/SQL script generation.

To your situation:
You have Model A that you created or opened in commercial version. You generated HTML report for this model in comercial version and saved it (you did not change the default path therefore there is ‘…Toad Data Modeler\Reports…’, which is the default path for reports for TDM commercial version.
Then you open the same model in BETA and generate the report - take notice there is still the same path ‘…Toad Data Modeler\Reports…’ And it is correct. The model was previously opened, report generated and model was finally saved in TDM commercial version.

Now check out this in BETA:
Select Settings | Options | Paths | Reports tab | Path to HTML. Provided that you did not change it, default path should be:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler Beta\Reports\HTML
Now create a new model in BETA and try to generate the report for it. In step Select File, there should be the same path. Is it?

Hank, if there is anything you don’t understand, please write me back. I’ll try to explain another way.

Regards,

Vladka