Toad World® Forums

Warning when I uninstall TOAD 6.0 Beta

Last BETA version of TOAD SS 6.0.0.229 , but the problem was present with old beta version of it.

I use Microsoft Windows 8 pro at 64 bits in italian with last windows update from Microsoft web site.
My machine account is member of Administrators group.
I uninstall TOAD via control panel add/remove programs.

When I uninstall BETA version of TOAD I obtain warning that you can see in attach.
I press OK button and uninstallation continue without problem.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

toad_uninstall.jpeg

Hi Sergio,
It is very odd. We are testing on W8 64bit a lot and have never seen this. Actually we mostly test reinstall from exe file, but I just tested uninstall from Control Panel and it worked just fine for me. What is your UAC settings? Mine is - third from the bottom (default).

Also, did you make any corrections/changes to the shortcut on your desktop after installation?

Hi Alexander,

I use a new notebook with Windows 8 pro at 64 bits in italian.

I install TOAD SS 6.0 without change nothing.

Before install a beta update i uninstall TOAD from control panel - Add/remove software.

Every time I do these steps.

I never change nothing to the shortcut on my desktop after installation.

In attach screenshot with settings of my UAC. As you can see is - third from the bottom (default).

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti
UAC_Settings.jpeg

Thanks for the update, will try to investigate.

Alexander,

thank’s to you for the help and support.

I stay tune for news from you.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

To Mr. Sergio Bertolotti:

Thank you for reporting this issue. I am also looking into the matter but I have trouble reproducing the shortcut warning when uninstalling Toad for SQL Server Beta on a Windows 8 64-bit machine in Italian.

I would like to know a little bit more about the system Toad for SQL Server Beta is currently uninstalling in. Particularly, were there any additional security programs that were installed prior to the uninstallation of Toad for SQL Server Beta? Additionally, did the latest Windows Updates applied to your machine include any drivers from NVIDIA?

I will continue my investigation to see if I can reproduce the issue. Your input to the questions would be greatly appreciated.

-Joshua Liong
Software Associate Developer I

Hi Joshua Liong,

many thank’s for your help and support.
My notebook is new. I use it from begin of April 2013.
The only security program installed on it is Avira Professional Security 2013 in italian language. For more details see http://www.avira.com and search Avira Professional Security product.

On this notebook there is a video card NVIDIA QUADRO K3000M.
Yes, I update NVIDIA Drivers with program HP Support Assistant.
After install Windows 8 on my notebook HP Italia tell me to use HP Support assistant to update drivers of PC and this update NVIDIA drivers.

I hope this information can help you to more understand my problem.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

To Sergio Bertolotti:

Thank you for your prompt response. After my investigation, I have concluded that the issue is not directly related to the TOAD for SQL Server software.

Windows 8 64-bit in conjunction with NVIDIA Drivers has documented issues on uninstalling shortcuts. The following thread contains more information on the matter:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/09f72e05-f43f-4e7e-81b6-f81c1b60dc6c/

Attached is an image of a specific post relating Warning 1910 to NVIDIA products.

Regardless, we humbly apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patronage with using the TOAD Software suite.

-Joshua Liong
Warning1910NvidiaForumPost.png

Hi Joshua Liong,

many thank’s for your help and support:

I appreciate it too much.

I hope in the future the problem will be solved by NVIDIA drivers and HP.

For Now I can only thank’s to you for discover and inform me of the problem.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti