Toad World® Forums

Welcome to the Toad Data Modeler BETA Discussion!

Hello Toad Data Modeler BETA Testers!

We’re happy you’ve joined our BETA testing program, and decided to try out new features and functionalities of the TDM version 3.

Here, you can ask any questions you may have, report bugs, share your experience, get and give some advice, post your recommendations and suggestions on BETA etc.

We’re eager for your feedback!

Thanks for your co-operation!

TDM Team

Hi,

1. We’ve just installed TDM 3 Beta on a WinXP (dutch) machine. The following error occured when starting up : ‘Access violation at address 0012FE93. Write of address 0012FE93’

2. on a Win2000 machine, it works. Since we use only SQLServer2005, we cannot test it because the supported databases in the beta are Oracle’s.
    Any idea when SQLServer is also supported ?

thx,

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Did you install the BETA version on your XP as a user with admin permissions, please?

MSSQL 2005 is the next database system on our ToDo list. We will need several weeks…

You can see our plans here:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=704&categoryID=29
(You must be logged in to see the document).

Regards,

Vaclav

Hello,

Yes, I have admin permissions on my system.
Maybe it’s the language of the OS that might be a problem ? In my case, I use a dutch version of XP.

Thanks! We will make additional tests and I will get back to you immediately after receiving results.

Vaclav

Can I install on a system with Case Studio 2 installed? I don’t want to cause problems with my current projects.

WillR

I get exactly the same error. Windows XP Professional, standard US English version. The machine is an AMD Opteron 250 box with 1GB and a single CPU.

Hi WillR

Yes, you can install TDM3 BETA on a system with TDM2 or CASE Studio 2.

Vaclav

Hi all,

We’re dealing with this task at the moment.

As soon as I get some news from our dev team, I’ll bring an update here.

The CR # is 27 945.

Vladka

Hi,

Here I’m with an update to this error:

The following error occured when starting up : ‘Access violation at address 0012FE93. Write of address 0012FE93’

Our developers have created a special executable file.
Please follow these steps:

1. Download the TDM3.exe file from the following location:
    http://modeling.inside.quest.com/shares/modeling/sbin/download/tdm3_exe_with_log.zip (5 MB)

2. Extract the TDM3.exe file from the ZIP package.

3. Copy it to your TDM3 BIN directory.
    Possible path: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler - Beta 3\Bin

When you run TDM 3, a new file “TDM3 log.txt” will be created in the Bin folder. There, details on the error will be stored.

Please send us the log file after starting the application.

Thank you for your co-operation!!!

Vladka

Hi remmicom,

a newer EXE file was uploaded to this server yesterday evening. Could you do one more test for us, please?

1. Download the TDM3.exe file from the following location:
    http://modeling.inside.quest.com/shares/modeling/sbin/download/tdm3_exe_with_log.zip (5 MB)

2. Extract the TDM3.exe file from the ZIP package.

3. Copy it to your TDM3 BIN directory.

4. Delete the Application.txc config file
Possible path: C:\Document and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Configs\Application.txc

5. Delete your existing TDM3 log.txt file form the BIN directory

Again, when you run TDM 3, a new file “TDM3 log.txt” will be created in the Bin folder. There, details on the error will be stored.

Please send us the log file after starting the application.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help!!!

Vaclav

Sorry for the late reply…I’ve downloaded the new exe and will pass it on to my collegue who is having the problem.

Hello,

I have successfully installed TDMB in my laptop with winXP home edition OS. I am planning to use this software in my class of 30 CSC151(DBMS) students. Is it ok to use TDMB as part of my lectures? If the answer is yes, is their any requirements needed? What should I do to get started? Please send me information as to where I can formally introduce myself and my university.

I am also taking this opportunity to request your team to include postgreSQL in your physical data model template if its possible. PostgreSQL is the only DBMS that we can use here in our university.

I hope my university could colaborate with your company. We would be very glad to become a part of this marvellous software.

Best Regards

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our product. We’re very pleased you’ve chosen our software to use in your lectures. We hope your students will like TDM 3 Beta too.

Note: I’ve just sent you an email to discuss details of our co-operation. Please check out your email box. Thank you!

I am also taking this opportunity to request your team to include postgreSQL in your physical data model template if its possible. PostgreSQL is the only DBMS that we can use here in our university.

Yes, PostgreSQL will be supported!
Let me inform you that PostgreSQL 8.1 is planned to be supported in TDM 3.0. If we manage to accomplish the PostgreSQL support before the official TDM 3.0 release, we will launch BETA with this db support.
Please see more details on this issue at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=3024&tstart=0

We look forward to hearing from you!

Have a nice day.

Vladka & TDM Team