Toad World® Forums

Werid behaviour about work space

Hi

I have some strange behaviour about the work space, after installed the lastest version you just released

I have got 2 empty workspace which i do not know how to remove.

Please see the screen shot for more information

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

emptyworkspace.doc (116 KB)

Hello Chi,

This happens when you dock some forms on the Application Window, and you close the Designer.

Possible solutions: Close the forms or undock them from the AW. - In your case, Version Manager + some other form that I can’t see in the screenshot.

This will solve it.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Vladka

Thanks for your suggestion

Is it possible to do something on it, e.g. If the user close the Designer , it would also close the corresponding panel, E.g. Version Manager? E.g. make it like Close the designer could also close the workspace or something…etc

And also, I am wondering if it is possible to allow user to move the Workspace into different order by dragging the type of the Workspace? I knew that we are allow to drag the Workspace, i would be grateful, if it we can rearrange the order of the workspace on application windows as well.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please find attached a doc with some explanation and examples of TDM 3 behaviour.

And also, I am wondering if it is possible to allow user to move the Workspace into different order by dragging the type of the Workspace?..

To move tabs with Designers in the Application Window:

1. select a tab
  2. press CTRL and drag the tab to the required position.

Note: Position of Designer in AW doesn’t relate to position of a workspace in Application View (AV).

Sorting of WS in AV is planned.

Regards,

Vladka
close_designer.pdf (233 KB)