Why refactoring wants write into formatter options file?

Hi!

I wanted to try refactoring with Refactor/Convert Decode Function to Case Statement. After selecting that refactoring option from menu I got following error message:

'Toad for Oracle has encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cannot create file “C:\Work\ … \FmtPlus.opt”. Access is denied. …’

Also, nothing happens in code editor.

Hmm. I have formatter options file marked as read-only with a good reason. Why this functionality has to write something there? I tried and found that it actually writes one empty line to the end of the file. Why? Can somebody fix it, please?

With best wishes,

Indrek Jentson

It's expected that configuration files used by Toad are read-write. Many features in Toad write to that file to ensure the formatter tag line option is disabled temporarily. Using default options, when you format you'll see a comment placed above your formatted text. Some features format code before inserting it into the Editor and it doesn't make much sense to include the tag line during these operations.

I'll see if it's possible to modify the option without modifying the options file. If not possible I can make the file read-write, do what I need to do, and restore the read-only state following.

Michael

On 11/11/2015 09:03 AM, indrek.jentson wrote:

Why refactoring wants write into formatter options file?

Thread created by indrek.jentson
Hi!

I wanted to try refactoring with Refactor/Convert Decode Function to Case Statement. After selecting that refactoring option from menu I got following error message:

'Toad for Oracle has encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cannot create file "C:\Work\ ... \FmtPlus.opt". Access is denied. ...'

Also, nothing happens in code editor.

Hmm. I have formatter options file marked as read-only with a good reason. Why this functionality has to write something there? I tried and found that it actually writes one empty line to the end of the file. Why? Can somebody fix it, please?

With best wishes,

Indrek Jentson

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.