Toad World® Forums

Windows 7?

Hey Guys,

Does Sql Nav run in Windows 7?

Jet

Yes, it does, but you need to install it into C:\Quest Software, instead of C:\Program Filex (x86)\Quest Software

Thanks!

I am runing SQLNav on Windows 7, x64 and it works just fine instaled in the default path. There is no need to change the instalation path.

Hi,

We believe it relates to Oracle version in which where Oracle oci files are installed, where installation path contain ‘(’ and SQL Navigator cannot locate oci.dll or tnsnames.ora.

The Oracle client patch v10.2.0.3 shoud address this issue.
I have Oracle 11g R2 client and it is working fine with SQL Navigator installed in the default install folder c:\program files (x86)…

If you get this issue, It is best to install SQL Navigator outside the program files and program files (x86).

Thanks,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong

I’m trying to run on my new W7 BOX, But it’s asking me for an Auth Key? I don’t remember putting one in before.

Do I need one to run the beta?

Ok, I installed my old, non beta version and now my beta version will come up.

Can anyone tell me how to copy over my profile and passwords so I don’t have redo all of that?

Thanks!

jet

Hi Jet,

You still need to enter the licence key with the Beta build.

The licence checking of beta build is the same as the commercial release.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Jet,

If you have Beta installed, you can use the Profile Manager app which can be found in the Program Files->Quest Software->SQL Navigator xxx Beta.
You can manage/back up/restore users setting and profiles for different releases. The Beta Profile Manager can pick up both Beta and production releases, however, the Profile Manager utility in production release can only pick up production releases.

Hope that the info would help.

Thanks,
Bruce

hmmm,

That doesn’t seem to work. I pick backup, but it just dies and doesn’t write a file.

:frowning:

Jet

Hi
I have SQL Nav installed in Windows 7 in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\SQL Navigator for Oracle
and oracle client in
C:\oracle\client and it works
(I also had the beta installed previously)

I remember that there was in the past some problem with the restore of the backup of a profile but I do not get it now

Well, I have SQL Nav working, but I want to get my old profile and preferences.

What’s the best way to do this?

Thanks,

jet

Hi Jet,

Not sure which version you referred to whether the Beta or non beta…

You can start from fresh by rename the registry and user documents setting of the version you work with to something else like ‘_backup’. I have attached to the 2 screens for your reference.

When you relaunch Navigator that version, you should get a prompt to migrate the user profiles/setting of the lattest version of any releases you have installed.

Hope that it would work for you :-).

Regards,
Bruce
jet1.jpeg

Hi Jet,

Not sure which version you referred to whether the Beta or non beta…

You can start from fresh by rename the registry and user documents setting of the version you work with to something else like ‘_backup’. I have attached to the 2 screens for your reference.

When you relaunch Navigator that version, you should get a prompt to migrate the user profiles/setting of the lattest version of any releases you have installed.

Hope that it would work for you :-).

Regards,
Bruce
jet2.jpeg